% Parked Domians?

This is probably as close as you'll get on this report. 88% of .com and .net domain names resolve to a website, while 24% resolve to a one page website - which of course includes parked domains (of 189 million domains)

Thanks.

I had already found the data you provided.

The problem I have there is no way to determine how many of the one page site are parked pages or not. It is quite a common practice for some marketers to use a one page landing site to promote their main site. It makes me wonder if they count custom 404 redirect pages in their data as technically they could be looked upon as a one page website.

If nothing else you have confirmed how ambiguous it is to determine the actual amount of parked web pages that are on the internet.

Thanks.

I had already found the data you provided.

The problem I have there is no way to determine how many of the one page site are parked pages or not. It is quite a common practice for some marketers to use a one page landing site to promote their main site. It makes me wonder if they count custom 404 redirect pages in their data as technically they could be looked upon as a one page website.

If nothing else you have confirmed how ambiguous it is to determine the actual amount of parked web pages that are on the internet.

But what is the final aim of your research on this? As far as I gear SE consider availability of Parked domain to the original one a good thing, or am i wrong?