PCI-E SSD Drives in Rackservers?

doublespaces

I know Fusion IO has been at this for a long time. And I know a lot of people shun any mention of using consumer drives in an enterprise environment. But I host a couple 1U's at my house in an air conditioned room.(They are noisy as hell) but it saves me a chunk of change and I don't have to have remote hands anywhere since I don't colocate. This server isn't quite good enough for me to want to send it off to colo, because I'll be upgrading my hardware soon anyway. Regardless, I have the servers for my own businesses. I have a semi complex OpenVPN setup with a cheap public facing 70 dollar a month dedicated server plus a /24 (40 cents per IP) which helps me bypass my port obstructions on my 300mbit cable.

So for my relatively personal purposes, anyone have a Samsung 950 series pci-e SSD fitted to any poweredge or gen7ish proliant?

I always noticed that the raid cards had throughput issues considering they do not support sata3 speeds, only sata2. So thats why I've been wondering about PCI-E/M.2 riser boards or something of that nature?

I've seen M.2 riser boards, just don't know about drivers or compatibility or performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting