People search good hosting services rather than 24/7 phone and mail support

2funhosting

Now a days most of the hosting company provides 24/7 support by live chat and ticketing and its a great thing. but sometimes they make a mistake like sometimes they do not listen to the customer problem carefully and they respond like " we are checking this". Don't respond like that. Check the customers exact solution give your best otherwise customer may leave you or may give bad review to your company.

Thank you.

Well, those are just the A-B-C's of good customer support. Being in a business flooded with competitors, you need to put much effort in Quality - quality of servers, quality of connection, quality of support etc. Having 24/7 Support is not enough nowadays as the cost of hiring reps is low and you can easily get this started. What you do from there is the turning point - I personally believe in constant sales and support trainings, picking only the cream of the crop, offering a customer experience that is both friendly and useful for the client. Customer Support might be indeed an ace up your sleeve if its done right!

When answering a support ticket you should always, and I mean always, tell the truth! If you don't know how to solve something let them know that you are not really sure what is wrong but that you will do your best to solve it and even get outside advice for the problem if you need it.

Clients like to know that the person helping them is honest and helpful. Now-a-days, people would rather respond as quick as they can so they can advertise 5 minute response times, but the response people get is "We're looking into it". That tells the client nothing and sure it lets them know you saw their ticket, but a client would rather know a bit before you ask them to wait. Something like "Hello, we've received your ticket and I believe the problem maybe one of the following issues... #1,#2,#3. Give me some time and I will do my best to resolve the issue and figure out what the issue is." Doesn't make sense to advertise good response times if your responses are useless.

You can have the best sales guy, or the best slogan, but if you focus on using fillers to make your response times good or not being truthful with your clients you won't make it. People want honesty with their good service, not a lie wrapped in a good marketing plan.

but sometimes they make a mistake like sometimes they do not listen to the customer problem carefully and they respond like " we are checking this". Don't respond like that.

replying with " we are checking this" is courtesy as i would rather have a reply say they are checking on the issue rather than just send in a ticket and get no reply as it shows they have your ticket and read the ticket.

But, that I find is rude. I would rather have "Hello, my name is ... and I will be checking in on the problem. At the moment I am not sure what is wrong but I will take a look at get back to you. "

I'd rather have the truth than "Hello, we're looking into the problem" It feels automated and robotic.

But, that I find is rude. I would rather have "Hello, my name is ... and I will be checking in on the problem. At the moment I am not sure what is wrong but I will take a look at get back to you. "

I'd rather have the truth than "Hello, we're looking into the problem" It feels automated and robotic.

i find it rude if i get no reply, i would rather have "Hello, we're looking into the problem" than nothing. depending on the host and how big a client list they have, most will just have a list of canned replies so they just chose a reply and it autofills in the ticket and send the reply rather than them spending time in making a personal comment. the longer their initial reply takes more time to create, so less time in looking at your issue and if they get several tickets coming in then who is going to look at your issue while they write all these personal we are looking at your issue replies.

replying with " we are checking this" is courtesy as i would rather have a reply say they are checking on the issue rather than just send in a ticket and get no reply as it shows they have your ticket and read the ticket.
True, but it can also feed into misleading advertising tactics by way of low 'average response time' hyperbole. In many cases it seems as if response time statistics are largely based on a series of courtesy/junk replies that are used to offset the reality of how abnormally long it takes to resolve simple support requests.

One size doesn't fit all when you're talking about effective customer support. Certainly, clients with a rack down require a different type of response than a shared client who needs help receiving email on their smartphone. Most, but not all, clients understand that some issues take longer to resolve, like mitigating DDOS attacks.

Regardless, each and every client deserves the very best customer support, and communication is key to making that happen. Perception is important. If I perceive, as a client, that level 1&2 techs can't resolve simple live chat issues or keep you on hold for extended periods of time on phone support (without reassuring you from time to time that they're working on a solution), I'll probably become one of your customer churn statistics.

Complacency is a client killer too. You might think your customer service is outstanding, but are you asking your clients (on a regular basis) how they perceive your support? And if you do ask, do you follow up immediately on any issues?

I do agree with Romes that being upfront and truthful is paramount. If I even remotely sense that I'm being lied to or being put off, it raises red flags.

Put yourself in your client's shoes - not all of them are web hosting literate, while others often surprise you with just how much they do know about hosting plans, servers and troubleshooting procedures. Each and every one of your clients contribute to your success as a service provider, and a personal approach certainly works wonders versus a robotic response - across the board.

Well said!

Complacency is a client killer too. You might think your customer service is outstanding, but are you asking your clients (on a regular basis) how they perceive your support? And if you do ask, do you follow up immediately on any issues?
I think this is also true. Yet at the same time those 'how did we do? / we would like your feedback!' automated messages sent after every closed ticket can get pretty annoying sometimes. Like okay, you did great, gonna scratch your back here, whatever, but do I really have to rate every single god damn ticket regardless of how trivial from 1 to 10? etc.

but do I really have to rate every single god damn ticket regardless of how trivial from 1 to 10? etc.

No the feedback is optional, so you can just ignore the feedback request. But then the feedback will let the support department know where they need to improve the support system if needed. More and more top range support systems will have the feedback requests set as default. I would rather have a client send this feedback to see if we failed in anyway with the way the ticket was handled.

No the feedback is optional, so you can just ignore the feedback request. But then the feedback will let the support department know where they need to improve the support system if needed. More and more top range support systems will have the feedback requests set as default. I would rather have a client send this feedback to see if we failed in anyway with the way the ticket was handled.
Yeah, but it feels almost intrusive sometimes, as if I'm being spammed, and there's usually no way to opt out of it. :crash:

I personally reply to a support ticket the way I would like to hear from a company, ie Dear name, thank you for your support request. We are looking into the problem for you and will contact you shortly once resolved.
Regards

Yeah, but it feels almost intrusive sometimes, as if I'm being spammed, and there's usually no way to opt out of it. :crash:

you'd only feel spammed if you are always opening tickets and these are sent everytime a ticket is closed, normally i just delete these and never reply to them. i get a few of these back from my clients and the feedback is helpful in many ways

you'd only feel spammed if you are always opening tickets and these are sent everytime a ticket is closed
yeah, I was going to suggest that but I held my tongue.

You're probably right, though. It's not that the inability to opt out is bad, it's that I've been opening too many support tickets! :)

i find it rude if i get no reply, i would rather have "Hello, we're looking into the problem" than nothing. depending on the host and how big a client list they have, most will just have a list of canned replies so they just chose a reply and it autofills in the ticket and send the reply rather than them spending time in making a personal comment. the longer their initial reply takes more time to create, so less time in looking at your issue and if they get several tickets coming in then who is going to look at your issue while they write all these personal we are looking at your issue replies.

Sorry, I meant the host should always reply, but with the truth. I don't condone not replying as that is even worse. A reply should be given as fast as you can get to it but with the truth and not with an automated response.

When answering support tickets, I like to be as personable as possible. It's also pretty much expected to be honest and truthful when answering support tickets, or else it'll leave a bad reputation for you and your business

Telling lies as a host is never a good idea. Firstly you never know how technical the customer is, and if you tell too many fibs you will never remember them and so in time give inconsistent responses.

I know when my upstream providers are bull****ing, and I believe the majority of my customers would see through any lies if I chose to fib.

I always like to state after a fix, what the problem was, what we did to fix it, and what we have done/or are still doing to ensure that the problem does not happen again.

You are absolutely right BUT on anyday I would rather have that "rude" answer than no answer at all. OR worse still is that sweet response that promises to get back to me and actually never does.

Now a days most of the hosting company provides 24/7 support by live chat and ticketing and its a great thing. but sometimes they make a mistake like sometimes they do not listen to the customer problem carefully and they respond like " we are checking this". Don't respond like that. Check the customers exact solution give your best otherwise customer may leave you or may give bad review to your company.

Thank you.
When asnwering " we are checking this" they want to inform you out of courtesy that your ticket was assigned to someone already and that they are already working on your situation. Of course, after solving the problem, they need to come back with a confirmation that the problem was solved and provide you with more details.

Sorry, I meant the host should always reply, but with the truth. I don't condone not replying as that is even worse. A reply should be given as fast as you can get to it but with the truth and not with an automated response.

I totally agree with you there! Not answering tickets etc and automated responses does not help put customers at ease. We generally have a rule where all tickets are looked at and replied to within one hour.