PixaBanner(BannerAgora)- Horrible

dubs

Alright, first of all didn't really know where to post this so I thought I'd put it here. Down to business.
I recently won "HD member of the year" and chose the banners prize. I contacted Robbie, the owner, and told him I wanted to hold off about a week or so on the banners, because I had not established my hosting company yet. So, in a week or two, I tried contacing him on AIM. No response. So, I call his cell phone. Answering machine. I tried contacting him several other times during that day, and got nothing. I even tried the day after that, and the day after that! Finally, I talked to him on AIM I believe and he said he was having computer problems and it would be another week or two. So, I wait it out and in a week or two, I finally contact him (going through the same process as before) and he says he got his new computer and installed photoshop. I sent him my banner specifications and he said OK, I can do about a banner a day and will have them all to you by Wednesday. This conversation as about two weeks ago, keep that in mind. To this day, I have received zero, nada, zip banners from him. Again and again I try contacting him, and still nothing. Overall, I would highly recomend finding another company to do your graphics for you. BannerAgora is just horrible as of what I've seen.

Chris, I am very sorry that your experience with BannerAgora (ex PixaBanner) is a negative one. As you know, HD had almost all its banners created with PixaBanner without complications. Since the establishment of trusted partnership with PixaBanner, we were able to negotiate better deals for HD members interested in their services. Unfortunately, I cannot say much about BannerAgora since my personal experience was long before yours.

It is indeed frustrating to see this happening. I will make sure to let Robbie know about this if I catch him online.

Hope it is still not too late! *crosses fingers*

Best,

Thread moved to Website Development & Design.

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience Chris!

Hi, Chris -

As I explained to you many times, my schedule was one in which I was not around during the day. As some of you may know I am still in school. I explained to you many times as well what a crunch I was in as far as working time went. Over the past couple months I have been very busy with school and baseball.

I unfortunately also experienced having my harddrive go out. My computer was in the shop twice.

Anyways, Banner Agora has yet to launch for business, so your experience is not representational of that company.

I contacted you today, with a couple banners done, lettting you know that I am now done with school and ready to complete your banners. I do not blame you that you are unhappy, I would be unhappy too. Unfortunately I just have not had the time.

Like I said, I can show you what I have done so far, and finish the others if you are interested. Like Artashes stated, I have done alot of work for him without any complications. I have the referals to back up my reputation and good service. Sorry to give you the bad experience, but it was unintentional and like I have said, I am willing to make it up.

Thanks,

Robbie

I just wanted to follow up on this. Robbie and I talked shortly after this thread and agreed on some banner designs, some of which he said he would get to me ina a week. This was before May when we talked, and it is now mid June, and I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE BANNERS. Dont ever buy anything from Robbie, he is a horrible businessman and totally unreliable.

It looked like you were going to get things solved, however as you updated us it appears not. Sorry you had to go through this! Goodluck on finding a new provider for your future projects and hopefully he will get back to you quickly as he did last time you posted.

As a designer it hurts to see that things like this happen. By the way, it's August now, did you receive the banners or had any more conversations with Pixabit?

This sound like a long time for the work required. The trick in a situation like would have been for Dubs to be kept updated of the progress. From what Robbie says, if he's done so much good work then unfortuanately this bad experience has managed to damage his reputation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested in hearing if everything worked out or not too.

I don't know Dubs or Robbie(Pixabit) ... but I was in business for a lot of years and there are occassions that no matter how hard you try ... a customer is always dissatisfied. I mean ... like no matter what you do as a supplier ... that one customers order just seems to get messed up time & time again. Almost like it has a jinx on it or something.

Artashes has commented in a positive way about his experience with this young man.

I would certainly be interested in hearing other peoples experiences with this member/company. Hopefully what Dubs has experienced is a "one of" occurence.

But I sure know how frustrated Dubs must feel. I have been "the customer" in that situation a LOT of times in my life. Thats how I became known as the "walking Murphys Law". hahaha Nothing in my life seems to go smoothly & without a hitch ... there is always SOMETHING going to happen that will mess it up :)

Take care
Peter