PlayStation 4 & Xbox One - Cloud Technology

Sidular

With the recent announcement that the newly unveiled Xbox One will take advantage of the powerful Windows Azure cloud computing network for offsite graphic rendering and processing, as well as Sony's use of a fully streamed cloud gaming network which streams full games over the internet to mobile devices, including the PlayStation Vita, do you expect to see any kind of major acceptance of cloud-based technology and computing within the next five years, and what percentage of the increasing cloud awareness and interest do you predict will be influenced by both Microsoft's and Sony's two next generation video game consoles?

Basically, will these two video game consoles, expected to sell well over 60 million units within the next seven to ten years, have any kind of affect on the growth of the cloud industry, and if so, to what extent will Sony and Microsoft influence the industry?

The next gen consoles will definitely use cloud technology as advantage. I'm still not expecting too much from them since game streaming between devices has already been around for few years. I'm still hoping them to continue developing it and taking it to the next level.

Streaming full video games over the internet was pioneered by OnLive. However, the PS4 / Xbox One may be the two devices that popularize the cloud gaming industry, and with it, other industries that offer cloud services, namely the web hosting industry.

That's just my opinion, though. That the popularity of the Xbox and PS4 will help to fuel a much larger interest in general cloud technology.