Please Appraise YourMyHost.Com

ipodman

Hey guys,

so what do you think of

YourMyHost.com

Undeveloped so far, but I may turn it into a hosting review site

Thanks

hey gus

its just a landing page at the momeny. was just looking for some views on the domain its self with the idea i have had [which is also in the op thread]

Personally, I believe most hosting review sites to be suspicious (affiliate-based and biased). If you could make it of the caliber of something like WHReviews.com (owned by fellow moderator ldcdc), then I think it has real potential.

But, the domain itself is worth something only if it generates revenue on parked pages.

Personally, I believe most hosting review sites to be suspicious (affiliate-based and biased). If you could make it of the caliber of something like WHReviews.com (owned by fellow moderator ldcdc), then I think it has real potential.

But, the domain itself is worth something only if it generates revenue on parked pages.

Thats the idea I had, it will only sell one ad space and fotter links [ 5 links[ and thats it. It will not use any affiliate links within any of the reviews and all content will be added by users... each user will have to join [verified via email] before making a review.

Trying to make it as unique as possible but also as real as it can be, i am sick of seeing web hosting review sites based on what the site owners think and how much money they are able to make.

I still have a few ideas of how to break it down which would be good for some inout, would you rather see a site where hosts are all just listed or each service they offer is listed in shared hosting, reseller, vps .. so if a company offers each of these they will have a listing in each? I just think a hosting company can differ in different packages they offer.

hope you understand me, typign all this on my blackberry on the go

The domain has a lot of potential. Maybe a forum or review site could bring in some revenue for it.

Hey guys,

Thank yo all fo ryour input so fa.r

But I still need your view on somethign that I said above. Would you rather have a hosting site that will just list the host as a whole... or one that breaks the services a host offers into different sections, such as shared hosting, vps, deadicated etc to reflect the different levels of service you get with different packages a host offers?

-Dan

It looks ok, I won't praise it as over awesome, Do not get me wrong a site is a site and you should never judge a book by it's cover.

I did read a comment here about expanding, That would be a very good idea, Just to fit the xontent on the page a bit more.

Can I ask what inspired you to choose the name: Yourmyhost.com ?

Was it taken by inspiration of JustHost - Example?

Everyone note that it is a landing page on the site at the moment, not the real thing.

Also, I went with the name after justt thinking of about 100+ names, adding them into a bulk search to see which ones were free, then checked for any TM issues, which left me with 8 domains, then I picked this one out of those... I didnt look at any sites when doing this, just thought it was a good domain that was free

Also, I went with the name after justt thinking of about 100+ names, adding them into a bulk search to see which ones were free, then checked for any TM issues, which left me with 8 domains, then I picked this one out of those... I didnt look at any sites when doing this, just thought it was a good domain that was free

That's Cool :)
Yeah, We never took any inspiration off any other hosts, I think I just have an addiction to the word 'tech' and 'a' :)

ROFL. Good name though Yourmyhost, I love it!

That's Cool :)
Yeah, We never took any inspiration off any other hosts, I think I just have an addiction to the word 'tech' and 'a' :)

ROFL. Good name though Yourmyhost, I love it!

Thanks, its hard to find some good domains these days, I would +rep you but they dont do it here :-(

But, I hope within the next month or two to get the site up and working, just need to get some capital behind the site before I do anything major.

-Dan

Domain name : yourmyhost.com
Domain Keywords : yourmyhost
Domain IP : 209.249.222.18
Creation Date : 09-05-2009
Expire Date : 09-05-2010
Alexa Rank : 0
Pagerank : 0
Pagerank (with www) : 0
Text Link Appraisal : $ 0.00 / month
Domain Appraisal : $ 11.55
Estimate Traffic : 8 day
Google Adsense Incoming (x year) : $0,00 (x year) /
Google Adsense Incoming (x day) : $0,00
Google Ads click x day : 0
Google Links :
Google Indexed Pages :
Pagerank Validation : Valid
Alexa Ranking Validation : Valid
Outbounds Links : 2

I don't really like the domain name because of the grammar issue.

You're My Host -vs- Your My Host

Should be "You're"

While I understand your concern about the grammer, what would you suggest for the domain instead? You can't use You're in a domain name. YouAreMyHost? NotMyHostYet? WillNeverBeMyHost? :D