Please join me.....

Enrique

... in wishing Artashes a happy birthday!! :party: :bdcake: :beer:

Happy Birthday Artashes! Best wishes for a fantastic day filled with lots of fun!

Happy Birthday Art, Have a great Birthday, take it easy relax and enjoy yourself ;).

Hey guys, you are an amazing bunch! Jose, it is nice of you to make an appearance here and tell the whole world I have a birthday! I haven't seen you online for quite some time and its a real nice surprise to suddenly get a greeting from you like this! Thank you.

To everyone who joined the happy birthday greetings - I sincerely thank from the bottom of my heart. I did in fact had a good day, although partying was not part of it. I am in the middle of a tennis tournament and had a 10 AM semi-final match today, which I won 6/1 6/3. Tomorrow I am playing the final at 2 PM. This tournament is the club championship - winning it is not big, but your name on the club's history board and $500. Being in the final already guarantees around $250. This tournament also does not contribute points to professional provincial or national ranking, unfortunately.

It is the second year in a row I will be playing the final. Last year I lost to #1 seed guy (I am #2 seed this year) in a very long and exhausting match 5/7 6/4 5/7. I will try to take the "crown" this year. Send me virtual cheers starting 2 pm this Sunday.

Again, thank you for your amazing wishes and I wish I could make an HD birthday party, but all of you are all over the world, which makes it real hard to do. :D

Time for rest now. I'll see you tomorrow.

Best,

It's 2:02 PM. Artashes must be just returning that first serve right now. Yay, 0-15!!!

Go Artashes Go!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

(And Happy B-Day) :D

Vito

I couldn't do it today, Vito. 2.5 hours later a loss recorded 0/6 7/6 1/6. I am really tired right now and in desperate need of food... Smells on the kitchen are really nice... *runs off*

That was a great comeback in the second set, Artashes. 7/6 after a 0/6 set is amazing.

We'll get 'em next year. ;)

Vito

I couldn't do it today, Vito. 2.5 hours later a loss recorded 0/6 7/6 1/6.
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. With the experience gathered this year, you'll have the upper hand next time. :agree:

2.5 hours?
The first and third matches must have been closer than the score would indicate were they Art?

You mean sets, Blue? Yes, they were in fact much closer, where I would take more risk on critical points at deuces, advantages and break points, but fail to hit fast winners. I totally changed the strategy for the second set, remaining in the game for long rallies, etc. That brought me good. The third set I almost collapsed (energy dropped). After all, its been only 2 months I've been playing after a year long injury and surgery break, so I think I did well overall, considering the guy I played was top 500 player in the world just a few years ago.

They'll be sending me another one of those within 3 weeks:
http://www.pixairline.com/pic.php?u=4EGiHb&i=595

Best,

WOW, nice trophies Art, that is some blang blang. Sorry, by the way, I was away on vaca. for labor day weekend. Anyways, congrats on the $250 and 2nd place, and Happy BDAY!

Congrats Art! Sounds like it would've been a heckuva match to see, especially considering your injury/"leave" from the game.