Please Review My Work

Checked out your site. It is fast loading, and easy to navigate, but I'm not a fan of the colors. Thats just my personal opinion. (more specifically I didn't like the "hot pink" in the rollover state of the buttons).

(1) It should be centered.
(2) The colors are bad.
(3) It should have at least some graphics to catch people's eye.

Much better than the other website. I suggest that you have the arrows receed back after scrolling over them.

I checked your site out, very fast to load however not fond of the colours at all. Maybe chose another font for the text because it is plain.

Everything else looks good.

CS_Jonathan said:
I checked your site out, very fast to load however not fond of the colours at all. Maybe chose another font for the text because it is plain.

Everything else looks good.

In order to use another font, the visitor would need to have it installed to see it. What font do you recommend?

You could sacrifice a little speed for asthetics by making a gif file out of the text. That way the end user would not need to have any specific fonts loaded.

Hi there!

Good luck with you web design/development business.

Now for the site review.

Personally, if you want my honest opinion... i don't particularly like the site as it is right now.

Granted, it is fast loading... I even looked over the code some, and I suspect that the actual html is around 3 KB in size, although your header graphic is around 20 KB (maybe use gif instead?) Anyway, the site just looks a little anemic.

If your focus for your business is going to be database design, programming, etc.. then the current site design may not be that much of an issue. However, I would assume that if you planned on focusing on web design/creation you may want to consider revising your current site.

I think you need to:

1. I agree with Olternit.. Revise the current hotpink/purple color scheme, or at least do something with it. By do something I mean make a real theme for the site - make it interesting. Right now all you really have is a very simple graphic header, black text, and a white background.

2. I would also suggest that you think about getting rid of the blog only because it looks kinda un-professional. Blogs are very singular, and all the text around your site refers to your business plurally. "Vegas Geeks is a team of information technology professionals." or "We have been serving..." It then is kinda contradicting to have ONE person have a blog on the company website. If I was a prospective customer, and happened upon your site and read your introduction and then saw the Weblog where you talked about wanting G.B Jr to step down, as well as your house hunting adventures.. Well, I would think that you were really just a one man outfit trying to give the impression that you have more people employed... Even though you may have a team of technology professional employed.

3. I also think the text needs something done to it. Personally I think it needs to be a bit smaller. I was looking through your stylesheets and noticed that you did not give a value for the text size, nor did you in your html. I would highly suggest you do that, otherwise you get stuck with that large standard font size.

also, it looks like you are using the dreamweaver templating system... my advice would be to avoid it.

let me know if you have any questions!!

cheers,
joshua

Last edited:
My reviews on the sites are as follows:

http://vegasgeeks.com/
Clean design. Loads fast. Very nice, to an extent. I agree, the colours are awful. Pink isn't that popular, however if you like it, fine. What I do advise to change is the banner, the text there could be better and could stand out a tad more. For the fonts, use Verdana. It's professional, and used on nearly all websites - and 99% to 100% of people have it installed on their PC, personally I don't know anyone who doesn't, I think it may even come as standard with Windows. Since you use Times New Roman, it makes you less professional, which won't do well for your company image.

The second site, the one for your wife. Perfect, really love that. Great colours, great style. Brilliant, however again change the fonts to Verdana and make everything like 10pt or 8pt, depending on your preference in font. I like small things, so I love 8pt or 9pt. But the size is your decision. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

http://www.robyndolan.com/
Ok - The banner... I prefer the older banner, the new New Year banner is nice, but after new year I certainly hope you change it to the old one since I think that one was very very nice.

http://www.vegasgeeks.com/
Ok - Well, the layout is a lot better, however change the font - make it at least Verdana. Trust me, Times New Roman does not show a professional company. I know this for a fact - my company also does some web design, I admit now my site uses Times New Roman but that is because it simply states a new website is coming along soon, however when you have a real web design and site - you should never use Times New Roman.
Another tip, get rid of the ads from Google... trust me, no good at all. Maybe if you got some good ones, umm, but the ads are about Web Development and Web Design and so on - the same services as you, so you get the picture?

Hope this helps. :)

Anjay said:

http://www.robyndolan.com/
Ok - The banner... I prefer the older banner, the new New Year banner is nice, but after new year I certainly hope you change it to the old one since I think that one was very very nice.
Yes, the old banner with the owl is going back up tomorrow.

http://www.vegasgeeks.com/
Ok - Well, the layout is a lot better, however change the font - make it at least Verdana. Trust me, Times New Roman does not show a professional company. I know this for a fact - my company also does some web design, I admit now my site uses Times New Roman but that is because it simply states a new website is coming along soon, however when you have a real web design and site - you should never use Times New Roman.
Another tip, get rid of the ads from Google... trust me, no good at all. Maybe if you got some good ones, umm, but the ads are about Web Development and Web Design and so on - the same services as you, so you get the picture?
I'll change it to Verdana and see if I like it. I'm going to remove the Google Ads right after posting this for the same reasons you've indicated. Really dumb system, huh?

Oh, and thanks for the input!