Please share your experience with NaviSite

santoshk121

Hi,

We are evaluating a reliable managed hosting company and our research is down to two hosts: RackSpace and Navisite. We are kind of considering NaviSite for their presence in India and wanted your opinion about them.

Is there any positive/negative feedback about NaviSite that we should know at this point?

We would highly appreciate all the opinions.

Thanks much in advance!

I hadn't heard of them either, but after looking over Steve's research, I would agree that it looks like they are fairly well respected and seem to have done good work. What about them did you like?

We are kind of considering NaviSite for their presence in India and wanted your opinion about them.

Hi santoshk121, welcome to the site.

It sounds like you have somewhat already made the choice toward NaviSite. I'd say both of your choices are solid. Both Rackspace and NaviSite are publicly traded companies, which means they are profitable and sustainable (something that is difficult to verify/guess when you come across a company you've never seen and/or heard of before).

As far as NaviSite reviews, while I do not have direct experience with them, I would suggest searching for them online "navisite reviews" on Google or popular web hosting forums. However, I think the biggest test of validity and service is the fact they are a public firm. This should provide enough comfort that they are not out there just to steal your money and disappear.

For those that may remember the Alabanza control panel (one of the web's first), NaviSite purchased them back in 2007, along with Jupiter Hosting for about $15 million.

I've not used NaviSite but they've been around for a long time.

I have not used them personally but best to my knowledge, there no major charges against them either. The problem is even with great features, they are not that popular among customers.

I have not used them personally but best to my knowledge, there no major charges against them either. The problem is even with great features, they are not that popular among customers.
How do you measure their popularity? Not that popular? Are you assuming this because they're not on the hundreds of Top Ten affiliate sites?

I'd be weary about choosing a provider without seeing customer testimonials first. Is there any specific reason that you are interested in this company?