Please share your experience with sambahosting

watermellon

Hello,

First up all, thanks for everybody and hostingdiscussion forums. I am new here and found a lot of good articles here.

I was looking for a reseller hosting package and found sambahosting.com . I sent a ticket to them (sales) about their end-user support offers. Their initial impression is good .... I just want to know your experience with them (good and bad).

Also, please tell me if there is an alternative to sambahosting

I want the following things

1) the host should support my own customers, since I cannot be online all the time.
2) the prices should be good , something like that of sambahosting
3) 24X7 hours support is a must.
4) My own nameservers.

Thanks in advance for all your valuable comments.

I think what you are looking for is called private label reseller hosting. You pay the base price (you charge your customers premium pricing and keep the difference), and the parent company takes care of your clients, billing and technology. Some provide full access applications, private nameservers, so your customers will never know that you are just a middle-man.

There is one downside though - you are not in control of anything but marketing. Not sure how much you are comfortable with that idea.

Search google for "label reseller hosting" and you'll find a lot of companies offering a variety of solutions: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...earchBox&rlz=1I7GWYA&q=label+reseller+hosting

If you go this route, don't hurry as it is critical to choose the right provider.

ResellersPanel has been around for a long time, for example. http://www.resellerspanel.com/

Most of us don;t have any experience with this company mentioned in your title. I think this is pretty normal because it is not that popular, nor that big. Hope it is still a good one, and hope you don't post it only to mention its name and to promote it.

My advice for you is to research about the things you want to know and then to post within the forums. People say post in forums only if they are interested to do so. Asking about particular company would make a very little number of forum member to respond to your question.

It is different when you ask about Reseller hosting and want forum members to help you to choose among a few companies.

I also have never heard of Sambahost before, but just because a company may be little known doesn't make them bad.

To the contrary, they could turn out to be much better than many larger hosts.

The problem is that if you can't find other users who have used the service, it can be a bit difficult to jump into the the water yourself.

That water could be nice and warm, or it could have some sea monster lurking below the surface waiting for you.

Just try to find out what you can, and ask the host as many questions as you need answered.

If they really want your business, they will patiently answer them for you.

Thanks for your advises...

I am not decided whether to sign up with sambahosting yet....can you please tell me some alternatives to sambahosting?

As I said before, I want the following things

1) the host should support my own customers, since I cannot be online all the time.
4) My own nameservers.

Please advise.

In that price range, Resellerzoom and Innohosting come to mind. I've read a number of negative reviews about Resellerzoom lately though.

4) My own nameservers.

watermellon, to tell the truth, almost all the hosting comapnies that are available nowadays support private dns, have 24/7 support and all the other things.These are the standard requirements.

As for the prices, of course, they differ at every company. I would recommend such companies as Fastnext or Hostony. I also read a lot of bad reviews about Resellerzoom lately,but I am sure that all of them are not true because this is a rather reliable company as I cooperated with them for some time.

Thanks, I found sambahosting and resellerzoom meeting my requirements. I am going to send sales questions to them as well. I will let you know the output.

Thanks for the info, Artashes

I wasn't even aware of the possibility of private label reselling such as you describe. Since I don't really want to do reselling as my business model, this would work well for me. I just want to be able to provide a little extra value for my clients but don't want all the support headaches. I will be searching as you suggest for the OP.

Search google for "label reseller hosting" and you'll find a lot of companies offering a variety of solutions: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...seller+hosting

I wasn't even aware of the possibility of private label reselling such as you describe. Since I don't really want to do reselling as my business model, this would work well for me. I just want to be able to provide a little extra value for my clients but don't want all the support headaches. I will be searching as you suggest for the OP.

thats the same case with me too. I cannot become online whole the day to support my clients and I don't have much knowledge about servers. thats why I prefer end-user support.