Press Release service

I`ve never heard about it. Could you explain me in a few words?
Let's say I have a press release I want to send out to all major news outlets. Instead of me researching the best places to send such a PR to, and sending them myself, it would be much easier to send the PR to one place... someone who then will send out my PR to all necessary outlets. In other words, a company that does this sort of thing as a service.

Does that help?

Rob, I usually don't use automatic press release submission tools as I don't see much value to it (the cost outweights the benefit). I submit the news myself to a number of selected websites.

That is of course unless you run a multi-million dollar company and are looking for as much exposure as possible. THEN, if you want to get into Yahoo! News wire and such, it might be a good idea to use professional distribution services.

Thanks, that's good advice. I do the same... send my news to several places myself, but was just wondering if perhaps I was missing some by doing it myself.

Here is a relatively brief list of mine (in no particular order):

WebHostGear.com
theWHIR.com
w3reports.com
HostingTech.com
PingZine.com
TheHostingStandard.com
TheHostingNews.com
WebHostNews.com
HostReview.com
HostRelease.com
PRweb.com
WebHostingTalk.com
HostingDiscussion.com

If you got some sources that are not on the list, please let me know. :)

I have many of them on my list as well. Others I send to include:

HostChart
iNet Interactive
TechPad Agency
WebHostDir
WebHostMagazine

Cool, thanks Rob.

Traditionally, if your release gets posted on at least 25% of the sites above - it covers lots of eyes. Due to nature and niche of the industry, and your product in particular, you woudn't really gain benefit in having your press release on Yahoo! News. As long as your announcement reaches the demographic you are after - that's a successful campaign.

Cool, thanks Rob.

Traditionally, if your release gets posted on at least 25% of the sites above - it covers lots of eyes. Due to nature and niche of the industry, and your product in particular, you woudn't really gain benefit in having your press release on Yahoo! News. As long as your announcement reaches the demographic you are after - that's a successful campaign.
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the advice/feedback :)

Do you know how to write good pr article??
I think I do ;) I've been writing my own press releases for years, and haven't had any complaints. As long as it does not read like a commercial or sales piece, and you stick to the facts, and the information is useful or informative to your audience, then it should be ok.

Do you know how to write good pr article??
I've been writing my own releases as well.

There are many points PR professionals would tell you that are important. Obviously, the format of the press release and so on. In my mind, however, what makes a press release valuable is whether it is news worthy. Or, if you can make it news worthy - that is where the real skill is. :)

There are many outlets that provide press release writing services. That is if you are unsure about your own ability to turn your corporate event into a news story.