Question about Back ordered domains

Freckled

I hope someome here has done this before and can answer the question.

When you backorder a domain, if someone else has already backordered it do they let you know before you pay the money?

If someone else gets the domain that is backordered, do you get your money back?

Thanks everyone.

Backordering is setup that you pay them... and when it comes availible they will try to get it for you. If not most of them will give you the money back, but you have to look at their usage policys.

Some of them will keep some of your money, although I think most give it all back.
They won't tell you if someone else has already back ordered a domain though. I have never really been interested in back ordering a domain because someone else has just as much a chance as getting it as you.
I always ended up just going for another domain, but I know that isn't an option for some people.

Thanks guys, I had always wondered how that worked. I plan on offering business hosting once we get moved to the local business area and I just wanted a more professional name for that market of the business and the one I really want is going to expire this year.