Raid on Windows Server

PaulJ

Hello,

Can any body tell me how to check whether a windows server has RAID . Also let me know the steps to check it .

Right click "My Computer" and go to "Manage".

Under "Device Management" you should see "Raid Controller" listed if there is one installed in your server. Management of said raid card will need to be handled by software supplied by the card manufacturer.

Also in the mmc you should see "Disk Management", from there you will be able to see if software raid has been configured.

You should be able to see it under disk management. What type of hardware are you working with? Most have tools that will help you with your RAID devices as they are. For example, HP has a RAID Utility that is installed on Windows that really helps with managing the RAID.

You may be able to tell if your system has a raid card but sometimes you actually have to look at the raid card bios to tell if raid is actually setup.

Other raid controllers have Windows Apps to manage the controller. There are all kinds of different cards so there are all kinds of scenarios... It all depends on the card you have.

Surely the simplest solution is to check what device manager lists the disk as and reply back here with the result so someone can advise you accordingly.

Ha, so were you testing us or getting the answer from us? I think some citation is in order. :)