Rebranding

Exon

What do you guys think about companies that rebrand? I'm not talking about selling out to another company, I mean changing name and location. Recently one of the places I fill up with gas decided to change their name. With it came a new store layout and some upgraded registers (transactions move FAST now).

So it was a change for the better, what do you guys think? Doesn't have to apply to the hosting industry - but what are your experiences with this?

Re-Branding is a common part of corporate structure changes. Sometimes a new look implies new management when it really doesn't.

I don't really see anything wrong with it in the corporate world-----

Web Hosting companies sometimes have more devious things in mind. By changing there namesake they hope to leave the negative reviews behind them, some get away with it, but consumers are pretty good at alerting others if you know where to look.

With it came a new store layout and some upgraded registers (transactions move FAST now).

So it was a change for the better, what do you guys think?
Looks to me like you're impressed by the real, palpable changes rather than the rebranding itself. I'd look for the real changes as well. Rebranding as a simple means of shedding an old skin is not exactly to my liking, though I suppose it can be effective, especially when a company decides to swiftly change its main target market. :)

Yeah, I was very impressed and very happy with the change.

However recently my bank was forced to change names, with it came a new logo and website - wasn't happy with that. Then recently they changed their homebanking, now I'm changing banks.