RegisterFly Emails

WorldCom

Well this morning when I checked my email I receive around 20 emails from RegisterFly. I'm not even sure what they were since they were all identical and I really didn't bother to read them ...... just trashed them.

I did think, why do I have a valid email address with RF. I immediately logged into my account ( I still can :) ), and changed it to a bounce. I don't need any more info from RF since there is no business there anymore.

I've also notice my SPAM level on that particular email, which I use ONLY for domain registrations, go up from ZERO to a few a week now. Makes me wonder what is RF doing with emails.

If anyone has an active RF account, I would suggest also changing your email. There is nothing of value you will receive from them.

I receive occassional spam on emails I have registered with different domain registrars but which I don't use in daily operation. My guess is - its not the registrar that sends you spam, but spambots that crawl whois information.

Best,

Yes I would agree 100% with that Art. As soon as I dropped ProtectFly off of domains at RF I was getting SPAM the next day.

I can tell you, I'm 100% in agreement with Protecting WHOIS information. Its not a matter of phone numbers / addresses cause even phone solicitation, I can hang up on. You literally can't do anything about SPAM. It will NEVER stop.

My point with RF is, what COULD RegisterFly do with 500,000 VALID emails ?? ;)
Minus one of course :)
I just never thought of removing my valid email from their service.... until now.

yeah, people tend to forget removing their emails from older places. I had a few really old forums send me a newsletter, which reminded me of the place after 2 years. I've had gdtechdomains actually spam 2 of my email this week. I guess their desperate for sales.