Reselling hosting

IronMan

:crap: Hello Guys,

I am new to hosting and would like to get into Reselling hosting. I checked out few sites and need your opinion. Recently I came across this hosting compnay Hostgator.com and Supremehost.com. Could anyone please give me a review about them.

I am looking for a company which gives out good deal in terms of hosting pricing and support, I dont have a good support team so my reliance would be totally on the hosting service provider. I am sure the guys around here know more than me so please help me with your knowledge if you can.

Also I would like to know as to, what kind of hosting space on an average gets sold most? is it the small range from 50 MB to 100MB or the large size from 100MB to 500 MB.

Thanks for your help in advance.

IronMan

Dear Sir,

HostGator is a quality service and offers relatively cost effective pricing for the services you receive. They have a fairly good reputation as well pretty much all over.

However, there are plenty of hosting companies that can offer you great deals on reseller packages, and you may wish to do some further research on additional hosts before deciding on those two.

Normally, for Lucid Hosting, I find that most people either order our smallest package, or our largest package. We rarely have anyone order the “middle” package – which is sort of interesting. Additionally, for resellers, we find that people normally order our smallest reseller packages.

If you are new to the hosting industry the best idea is to start off with a small plan. Make sure you have an active support from your host that will help you get started. There are many good hosts who offer some sort of "summer sales" from what I have seen and it looking around may help you find more options rather than two. You may want to start off small like 1 GB Space to 10 GB Bandwidth. Many customers never even use over 1 GB that we have so 10 GB should be a good start for a begining company.

Make sure you do a lot of research about the company, their uptime and support is very important to customers above all else.

I hope you find the right host for your needs. Good luck. :magnify:

Thanks for you guys response.

Could you please recommend me some good host, who offers a good Reseller hosting plan. I am doing research on various service providers.....I just took a look at http://hostmatix.com/ due to a suggestion on one post.

I found them to be a good deal but then they have a catch too..they are offering around 1500 MB Storage space and the restriction is upto hosting of 2 domains only :crap: .

After 2 domain for every extra domain hosting they are charging $5 more. which I think is not fair :mad:. because that would eat from my profit.

Do give me some good recommendations of Reselling hosting companies.

Thanks

HostMatix looks like they are shared plans that can be upgraded to reseller plans by paying additional prices per domain name. You want to look at reseller plans not shared plans. Take a look at some special offers on these forums most of the companies that post here are very good with the whole hosting ideologies. Make sure you also do a lot of research on each company that you do find posting special offers here before you actually go with them.

Again best of luck and I hope you find the right host for yourself.

Last edited:
I've been with HostMatix before, but when the company was sold, the performance of it went down dramatically, so I don't have confidence in recommending it.

If you would like to receive a few custom offers, you can certainly try HostingDiscussion "Web Hosting Requests" forum. You might just find yourself a great deal.

Best,

HostMatix

Artashes said:
I've been with HostMatix before, but when the company was sold, the performance of it went down dramatically, so I don't have confidence in recommending it.

If you would like to receive a few custom offers, you can certainly try HostingDiscussion "Web Hosting Requests" forum. You might just find yourself a great deal.

Best,

Hello Artashes,

Infact I had read about HostMatix in your post itself.

I will try your suggestion.

Thanks

recommendations are very important but also be sure to talk with the hosts directly. Ask them questions and make sure you get the responses you are looking for. Make sure they are responsive to you.

Also I would like to know as to, what kind of hosting space on an average gets sold most? is it the small range from 50 MB to 100MB or the large size from 100MB to 500 MB.

Easy to answer : 80% of your clients will purchase your smaller package.

small packages

northtrex said:
Easy to answer : 80% of your clients will purchase your smaller package.

You are right, most of the clients I suppose will opt for the small packages.

You can check out serverreseller.com. They provide $1 per month hosting for each domain. I am reaching 50+ domains now and I charge my clients $10/month and make $9 profit each of them

That doesn't make much sense to me.
You are paying $50/month for 50gb transfer and you are putting your clients on a server will be tremendously overloaded because there are nothing but one dollar accounts on it.

They claim that some of their servers only have 50 sites on them. Do the math. That is $50 minus transaction fees, minus costs, minus server lease. They would be losing money on each server.
Sounds to me like they are losing a great deal of money or they are flat out lying on their site.