Review of Nycvps.com

HarpXx

Hello folks I just want to spread the word that there is a low cost solution for High Bandwidth needs regarding virtual private servers.
I recently came across a site that offered unmetered 100mbp/s connection with their vps packages. They and 2 main plans, Basic VPS comes with unmetered BW, 512mb ram, 5gb storage for $49.95/month. They then have the Pro VPS plan, it includes unmetered BW, 1gb of ram, and 25gb storage for $79.95/month.
At first I thought this site was too good to be true, so I emailed their sales manager and got a reply within 10 minutes. He setup a custom vps for me for a free 1 day trial. The speeds were great as advertised. I do rate this service a 9/10 for customer support and quality and quick response. Go check out their website.
http://www.nycvps.com/

How did you just "come across" this site?
What were your search terms?

What site do you have hosted with them?

You should state these things up front because from here your post looks like nothing more than an advertisement.

I'm also kind of curious how you chose the name HarpXx for this forum.
It seems there is a HarpXx, exact same spelling with caps, posting and contributing to a lot of warez forums.

Not very credible wouldn't you say?

How did you just "come across" this site?
What were your search terms?

What site do you have hosted with them?

You should state these things up front because from here your post looks like nothing more than an advertisement.
I just use my server to upload stuff so I didn't opt to host my doamin with them.

You have sent a payment of $69.95 USD to nycvps@nycvps.com.

This transaction will appear soon in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment details
Amount: $69.95 USD
Transaction Date: Nov. 21, 2008
Transaction ID: 3P1755291******

Subject: Bryce VPS Payment

As for search teams I was searching for unmetered vps on google.

I'm also kind of curious how you chose the name HarpXx for this forum.
It seems there is a HarpXx, exact same spelling with caps, posting and contributing to a lot of warez forums.

Not very credible wouldn't you say?
I dont see what warez has to do with me being credible but if you need an IP to test ping here is my vps ip 209.225.189.54

I think you promoting warez has everything to do with credibility and most people on this forum would think the same.

I'll ask again. What is your domain with them. An IP address is worthless to the discussion.

I have a domain for connecting to the server but I do not use my server for webhosting server1.harpxx.com

The only way to check whether the user hosts stolen content/products is to ask the company. I emailed NYCVPS.com regarding this case. Depending on their investigation/answer, we will be able to know. I will update this thread as I receive a reply from the company.

Update: Last I heard from this company was on Nov 26, 2008 when they simply confirmed receipt of my email that included information of potential illegal pirated software on the above account:

We will take a look into your statement.

Regards,

NYC VPS Tech Support Team
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T