Rewards - Whats acceptable or unacceptable?

neil.studyhost

We are looking at reward clients as a way or reducing there invoices.

Just the usual standard offers and incentives, but I wonder if there is any that would be classed as unacceptable, eg:

Would one giving clients reward points for a good review be classed as paying for reviews and end getting you banned from review sites?

Personally, I think it would be considered paying for reviews. Perhaps rewarding your clients depending on how long they've been your customer for would be a better option.

Would one giving clients reward points for a good review be classed as paying for reviews and end getting you banned from review sites?

I don't know about other review sites (all those that I've tested have zero validation process in place, so it tells me they don't monitor what they post), but here, if we were to find out ANY incentives were given for positive reviews, that would get the company banned very quickly.

Yeah, I thought so, by offering a good service you would hope that would be incentive.

We have optioned.

Length of time as a client.
Opening new services.
Paying early
Renewing

I think if they have been a long time, loyal customer, they probably are for a good reason. Why would you want to reduce how much they pay you based on the length they have been with? Instead you probably want to give them an incentive for doing things they are probably already doing like telling their friends and family about you.

I think an alternative approach could be asking your clients what they like or dislike about your service, then using that info to reinforce your brand. For existing clients, you could offer them upgrades at a discount over what's listed on your website.

We are looking at reward clients as a way or reducing there invoices.

Just the usual standard offers and incentives, but I wonder if there is any that would be classed as unacceptable, eg:

Chances are, yes. The problem with this is that people are more inclined to lie because they're either getting something for free or getting a discount. You then have a company based on fake reviews for the most part.

I'd recommend against it.