RGSS-RTP Standard Removal Help Needed

First Timer

I found this website called "Tech Support Guy" when I was looking for some help on something that I needed, so I joined up and posted a thread on what I needed - when I happened to find someone that was having the same problem - but what they do is close the threads after they solve the problem (What I mean is the thread that I found with the problem that I was having - but the other person that posted it, they had closed it, and I couldn't see what / if they solved it). So they say, "If you're having the same problem, join and create your own thread". So I did, and I've had 50 views on it and no responses. Perhaps one of you guys might know what to do / have had this problem / know someone that has had this problem? This is what I posted on their site by the way.

-----

I'm trying to remove this "RGSS-RTP Standard" from my Add / Remove Programs list, and while browsing numerous pages throughout Google, I get the same result - it's related to the RPG Maker XP - Postality Knights Edition. You also need it to play the games or something similiar to that effect.

While browsing Google (back to the Google subject) I managed to find a page here on this site referencing to this problem but it was closed, and saying if you're having this same problem, register and post a thread. So this is what I'm doing.

I have no more references to RPG Maker XP or any development tool, I've done numerous repetitive searches for a creation tool as well as something relating to the name RGSS-RTP Standard (Examples: "RGSS", "RTP", "Standard") and nothing comes up relating to that.

When I go in the Add / Remove programs list, the buttons listed once I actually go into the uninstall program thing brings up Japanese text which I don't understand and I don't have anyone that could translate it.

The only thing that shows up during the "installation" is this message at the very end in English saying, "Fatal Error during Installation".

I'm running Windows XP Pro by the way, and this RGSS thing has been listed on my computer for as long as I can remember.

Not really sure on what else I can help out with information.

Thanks for the help though.

I made a second post just now after that seven days later (The above was made on the 3rd, this following quote was made today.

I was hoping that you guys would be able to help me out by now like your site seemed to explain so well, but it's been a while and not even one response. Just 50 views and that's all.

Sorry on the double post thing, but I am still having trouble with this application - I can't uninstall it, and I still haven't heard back from that techsupportguy.com or whatever the site is.

Hopefully someone knows what to do...

So is the script part of the graphics system (Radeon Graphics uses "RGSS or Rotated Grid Super Sampling") or is it the RPG Maker through "Ruby Game Scripting System" or is it another script?

Something you may want to try is installing a new game that uses the same engine, and then remove the game. Try this: http://www.darksoulkingdom.co.uk/dskrpg.html

Most everything I'm finding on google regarding "RGSS-RTP Maker XP" and the removals and/or Japanese language are are pointing to corrupted installs and Torrent downloads. I'm finding many people requesting a similar uninstall dating back as far as 2006, and many places are almost attributing the corupted version to being a virus and/or malware.

Like I said, you can try installing a NEW game/version, and then uninstall.

Wow...it...worked...now I'm going to throw another question at you with the similar problem that occured at the same time as this problem started.

I go to uninstall "Scrolling Game Development Kit" in the Add/Remove Programs and I get a message that says:

Could not open logfile 'C:\Program Files\Game Development Kits\ST6UNST.LOG'

Then you hit okay and it just clears out the screen to where you were last working (Like an internet page or your last application window is on your taskbar thinger at the bottom)

Does the file exist? If not, just create a blank NOTEPAD file and name it "ST6UNST.LOG", then try the uninstall again. That way the file exists in the folders. Maybe it's getting tied up on that.

Okay now I get a message saying:

An error occurred while trying to parse the logfile:No project name was found.

I did what you mentioned - created the folder and the "logfile" with a Notepad document. Now I get that message in the quote.