Scam or good?

Hard to say if it is or not scam or good or not. There is just not enough information and personal experience.

Only thing I note is that the unlimited hosting refers to reseller package and will be over soon (although no matter how presented, unlimited is wrong).

On all their packages there is a limit, so nothing to comment on there.

However, some elements are just give it away - it is a one-man company: "When you need to reach me you can, I am available 24 x 7 for support, setup and advise.
Our Re-Sellers always stay :)" And then a signature: "The KapHost Team"..

That's as far as my analysis would go. I reserve the right to be wrong. ;)

Best,

Unlimited Web space
Unlimited Data Transfer
Host Unlimited DOMAINS!
Unlimited E-mail Addresses!
Unlimited POP3 Mailboxes!
Unlimited Autoresponders!
Unlimited PHP4 and mySQL (Unix)

all seem a *little* far fetched to me, but then I dont believe anything is unlimited so ...

The majority of the site copy is professional but there are a few bits thats scream out ...

" I keeps all servers below 50% and most are around 25%!!!!!!! I never go over 500 Domains per server!!!!!!! "

"Any site found to be putting load or either not following our TOS can be terminated without prior notice as well and this includes all sites' not just the ones you own but the ones hosted under you (resellers) as well as they count as YOUR accounts"

caveat emptor ...

Hello,

I would watch out for any host that offers "unlimited bandwidth" because it just isn't possible. They will not be able to stay stable with the exessive amount of bandwidth from one customer let alone others.

Well, when I was hosted by a host offering "unlimited" bandwidth, I was charged £250 for bandwidth fees because I was using "exessive amounts". Does 11GB sound exessive to you or was it just a way to get money?

Just warning you that hosts offer this to sometimes gain some money on the side.

Not really my old host gave me 30GB of bandwitdh I don't think thats high. I will just go with them for now and give a report back soon I guess.

How much bandwidth/webspace do you need? Also how much is this "unlimited" package costing you. If it is relitively low, it is probably some sort of scam, not a bad one however a sneaky one to get some money.

I may be wrong and if I am I will stand corrected however I have been there and been scammed before.

Rossman, your friend might be using it without a problem if he consumes almost no resources. Do you happen to know how big his site is in terms of resources required to keep it running?

There is a difference between a 1 GB a month web site and a 40 GB.

There are also plenty of tech specifications you can tell: from hosts's uptime, to the quality of his servers, environment they are kept in, etc.

Best,

Artashes said:
Rossman, your friend might be using it without a problem if he consumes almost no resources. Do you happen to know how big his site is in terms of resources required to keep it running?

There is a difference between a 1 GB a month web site and a 40 GB.

There are also plenty of tech specifications you can tell: from hosts's uptime, to the quality of his servers, environment they are kept in, etc.

Best,

That is very true, your friend may only be using a small amount of bandwidth and webspace so your host won't have a problem with that. However if you are paying (example) $5.95 per month for "unlimited bandwidth" and within a month you are using around 30GB of bandwidth you are surely going to grow rapidly so your host has two choices, either loose alot of money from bandwidth due to paying lots and receiving hardly anything or shut your site down and you pay the fees.

You just can't offer unlimited hosting! (Unless of course there provider is making them believe they have unlimited bandwidth.)

It’s not possible and also is not an accurate specification!

CS_Jonathan said:
Your welcome Ross, just make sure you don't get into any trouble with "unlimited bandwidth".

Well to an extent "unmetered" bandwidth is reasonable as long as the host has proper guidelines set in place such as how much the server can actually push....

My 2 cents anyways.