Security

Is there any other way? ;)

If you want to be in charge of your own data and be at peace, I don't see how you would NOT want to do your own backups.

The answer is absolutely YES - even if you've contracted with your web host to provide back up. How important is your data to your operations? If you lost it forever, could you continue to function? I've been reading about a reseller the past two days that was shut down by their provider for abuse. All of their customers are dead in the water. Some had backups while others did not. Which would you rather be?

Need to be done before all: OFFSITE BACKUP's
When you have cPanel this is easily to be doing and this is not expensive. Worth to be done daily! :agree:

Never trust anyone with your back up except yourself. Even if the web host offers a backup solution free, you should always take the time to do your own back ups.

Never count on someone else for backing up your data.

Hi,

You should not rely on anybody for backup. You should take backup on your own even if your host is providing this facility.

You can create your own backup script and set cron job to run it anytime you want, maybe daily, weekly, or monthly.
This is the best solution i think because it's easy and automatic.
I can save money because i am not using backup service by my web host.

If you want to manage your own datas,you should make back up by yourself though your hosting provider provide back up.

One should keep his/her own backup copy of important data. Do not rely solely on the backup provided by your web host. Having multiple backups in different locations provides security against permanently losing information.

Never trust anyone with your back up except yourself. Even if the web host offers a backup solution free, you should always take the time to do your own back ups.

Never count on someone else for backing up your data.

Made a backup is one thing; restore a backup is the another side.
Only hosting providers can do it accurate.

Always have procedures in place, but always have people checking up on those to ensure that they are working properly.

One more step that most people need to take is that they should also have an offline medium just in case. Always plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost