Seeking Advice on Website Design

mrgreenjc

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on designing a website, and I could use some advice. I want to ensure that my website not only looks great but also functions smoothly and effectively.

I'm particularly interested in understanding the best practices for user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design. What are some key elements to consider when designing a website to enhance usability and engagement?

Additionally, I'd love to hear about any helpful tools or resources that you've found valuable in your website design projects.

Any insights or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Honestly this won't be the best explanation, but I see nobody else has answered you in almost two months...

But you should take into consideration:
  • Ease of Access (is your website friendly for colour blind visitors? is your font sizes good for short-sited? etc...)
  • Device Sizes (does your website look good on mobile as well as desktop? does your website look good on tablets? etc... This is also good for SEO!)
  • Titles / Headings (are you overusing titles and headings? is there enough titles and headings? you need to find a balance here... SEO reasons as well as UX reasons, you want some things to "pop out" at them)
I hope you find what you're looking for, if you have any further questions, do feel free to ask and I can help you the best I can!

Focus on creating a visually appealing design that is also intuitive for users to navigate. Incorporate elements such as clear call-to-action buttons, easy-to-read fonts, and logical page layouts.
Consider the user journey and how users will interact with your website. Ensure that the user experience is seamless and enjoyable.
Utilize tools like Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma for mockups and prototypes, and seek inspiration from websites like Dribbble and Awwwards for design ideas.