Service Offers!?.....

csn-uk

CSN-UK | Charlie
For the Past year or so increasingly we've been receiving a large number of service offers from assorted need I say it foreign individuals or companies for SEO, Web design, search engine submission... among other things.

Although the bots etc are handled via captcha and filters the human counterparts can easily bypass these measures... as such we had in the past responded with a polite "not interested" type message however with the increasing numbers we've resorted to blacklisting and deleting such emails...

As such what is your policy on such "Semi-Legitimate" offers?

I usually just delete. If I reply to them with a "not interested, thank you" and they still continue to harass me, I then proceed to block/blacklist them via IP, as well as what domain they use for their email sending.

I would never think of trying out a company that is techinically spamming me.. I don't even know why so many people use it for their marketing strategy in the first place! :confused:

I just ignore things like this. More often than not the message is sent with questionable English. And surely if I'm interested in these services I can find them myself?

Responding usually just has the opposite effect, so just ignore it, throw it in the spam folder and let your spam filter deal with with.

Urgh, I receive these weekly, if not daily. Spam-attempts to persuade me that my site needs a better ranking. Even if I WAS interested in the service, I would not just give a random person a job.

So I just delete these without even finishing their email. They know they are essentially spamming and they never follow-up, so its not like you are hurting their feelings. :D

I would never think of trying out a company that is techinically spamming me.. I don't even know why so many people use it for their marketing strategy in the first place! :confused:

Urgh, I receive these weekly, if not daily. Spam-attempts to persuade me that my site needs a better ranking. Even if I WAS interested in the service, I would not just give a random person a job.

I can certainly agree that such services aren't the kind that are best suited to such advertising, certainly wouldn't ever hire such an individual... not sure what planet they are on :confused:

So I just delete these without even finishing their email. They know they are essentially spamming and they never follow-up, so its not like you are hurting their feelings. :D

You might say that, however we've had a number of follow ups from all be it determined individuals, Initially trying support, technical and then abuse "in that we did not respond" :p :uhh: ,hence now black listing them as a rule of thumb... even proceeded as far as having to blacklist an entire country due to the amount of spam :uhh:

Spam is getting annoying to us. In fact, we receive so much spam it is sometimes hard to even find our way through the emails. And we have spam protection and blacklisted multiple IP and senders.

I wonder if their spamming really works.

Hiring a spammer (they typically use a Gmail account and give no website where you can contact them) for SEO services seems like a sure fire way of getting penalized by the search engines for unsavory optimization practices. So, as soon as I get the picture what the email is about, I delete it and don't give it another thought. :)

I don't even bother reading through these type of emails. I just delete and block them. We get them almost daily.

For the Past year or so increasingly we've been receiving a large number of service offers from assorted need I say it foreign individuals or companies for SEO, Web design, search engine submission... among other things.

Although the bots etc are handled via captcha and filters the human counterparts can easily bypass these measures... as such we had in the past responded with a polite "not interested" type message however with the increasing numbers we've resorted to blacklisting and deleting such emails...

As such what is your policy on such "Semi-Legitimate" offers?

wew.. that seems to be irritating.. i find in other forums that there are many security question aside from captcha..