Shared, Reseller or Dedicated?

Moobrack

When you look for hosting, what are your priorities?

Do you tend to go for Shared accounts, reseller accounts, or full dedicated servers?

Dedicated servers here, but I do test out other companies reseller accounts to see if they over load and for SEO purposes :)

Good idea, what do you think to the idea of for example, if you rent dedicated servers from Xcompany, renting a reseller or another dedicated server from Ycompany, as a backup incase the Xcompany server goes down?

Do you think it pays to have servers in multiple telehouses ?

Hello!
I would say that if you do not need a lot of disk space a shared account will work. If you need to give out shared accounts then a reseller is best for you. Or if you want total control a dedicated/VPS is for you. But if you want a server with no worries about having control then a managed dedicated server should do the job.

I think that if you have servers in different places it’s a good idea. I say this because if one datacenter goes out you will not have all of your marbles in one bunch.

Ryan

hostivo said:
Hello!
I would say that if you do not need a lot of disk space a shared account will work. If you need to give out shared accounts then a reseller is best for you. Or if you want total control a dedicated/VPS is for you. But if you want a server with no worries about having control then a managed dedicated server should do the job.

I think that if you have servers in different places it’s a good idea. I say this because if one datacenter goes out you will not have all of your marbles in one bunch.

Ryan
I feel that having servers in different places provides a more stable environment for your hosting company. As far as going with a shared account its more than just disk space you have to find out if your website will run sufficiently on it. Recently I tried a shared account with a "wll known" script for domain scanning and it ran considerably slow on it so I moved it to a dedicated server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting