Should Hosting Company's switch to Responsive websites

Gaby-HostDept

These days traffic from all devices (mobiles, tablets, Laptops...etc )is important. So for a better user experience should all hosting company's make responsive websites or there are any alternatives for a better user experience.:confused:

I think it gives you some more traffic to keep your site responsive but then again it cant be ALL as you ask. It also greatly depends on your target market. For hosts that target global audience then it might be a good idea for the ones that target special markets like national then the surfing behaviour partners in the country in question may dictate.

Indeed the target market is of importance, however I do believe that any business has to keep up-to-date with the latest trends, especially in such technology-based businesses like webhosting.

The numbers don't lie - the usage of mobile phones is growing each year, online shopping through mobile devices is growing, heck, even Google based their latest algorithm changes on mobile and voice searches. And with each new generation, our phones become more and more our computers and have the full capabilities to do so.

In my mind, a responsive design of a website should not be a fancy luxury nowadays, it should be a logical next step in the development and improvement of any business that decided to operate online. :rolleyes2

Yes. With as many vectors that exist today (eg. Desktop, mobile, tablet, etc...) websites need not only be responsive but also be accessible. Those who use assistive technology such as a screen reader need to have the ability to use the site as well.

If your website is not mobile friendly, you are losing business. The trend is to now go with responsive sites or develop a mobile variation of your site. It seems that everyone currently owns a smartphone (and never lets it leave their side) and studies have shown that increasing numbers are doing the majority of their research and shopping via mobile.

Well mate you said completely correct now many people use tablets or ipads more as compare to laptops so i think website should be completely responsive on tablets other wise we loose some good customers.

I would say its not required but it is nice when your clients can access your site regardless of what kind of device they are on. Especially your client area is it nice to have.

The websites should be so simple that a 5 year old could understand and navigate around it. At the same time, they need to look professional and have a cool but unique look.

Instead of having a responsive web design, it is better to opt for a mobile website. This is because a mobile website contains precise information through which the users can quickly navigate to the option they are looking for.

If your website is not mobile friendly, you are losing business. The trend is to now go with responsive sites or develop a mobile variation of your site. It seems that everyone currently owns a smartphone (and never lets it leave their side) and studies have shown that increasing numbers are doing the majority of their research and shopping via mobile.

So true. Our mobile traffic is up over 30% for the last 6 months versus the preceding period. Some of that is likely due to changes we've implemented in marketing, but not all.

Mobile friendly sites are becoming more and more essential.

Mobile sales are increasing each day for all kind of business, still I rarely believe people buy hosting using their cell phones.

Mobile sales are increasing each day for all kind of business, still I rarely believe people buy hosting using their cell phones.

Not cellphones, but smartphones, tablets, all kinds of mobile devices that provide keyboard and Internet browser. Updating your service to correspond to trends is incredibly important, or yourisk being thrown out of business.

Yes, they should change to responsive websites as nowadays internet users are searching for the web hosting solutions from laptops, tablets, mobiles and every other form of electronic devices.There may be possibility they do web hosting research and buy from laptop or computers for security purposes. Brand awareness is important too

We changed all our sites to responsive over some time. It's true there are probably more people browsing the web on mobile devices these days.

Well yes if you want to target most of clients or visitors then you must have a responsive website which comfortable with all platforms... you can purchase wordpress themes...

There is no doubt that nowadays the use of mobile device is increasing so, a website has to be mobile compatible to get more traffic. But only traffic is not a concern, because if we want long term business, then we have to understand the target audience and their behavior. Based on that website owner can work on the website.

I have to admit that even though the number of people using mobile devices is MASSIVE the actual purchases of servers / hosting with my own companies are rarely made via mobile devices

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123