Should Hosting Company's switch to Responsive websites

I have to admit that even though the number of people using mobile devices is MASSIVE the actual purchases of servers / hosting with my own companies are rarely made via mobile devices

I'm curious how many hosting providers even have an optimized mobile presence, so that if a prospect would want to order hosting from them via their mobile device, could they?

yes I think all company should be using them now

Whilst more and more companies move to 'responsive' designs I think it should be determined by the company itself and not necessarily everyone 'should be' using it. Depending on the percentage of mobile traffic and orders you get from mobile devices, that should tell you if it is something that needs investing in or not.

One aspect of business that applies here is lifetime value. What's the lifetime value to YOUR business in terms of overall money receipts from clients via mobile sales? How long do YOUR clients stay with you, either with the same plan or via upgrades? If their average lifetime value exceeds your expense to upgrade to responsive, at least on the monetary side, it makes sense to optimize your site for mobile transactions.

In terms of branding and staying competitive, is that a real issue for YOUR company? Given that hosting is exceptionally competitive, does offering a mobile solution to your prospects effectively position YOUR company for success long term?

Cross compatibility with any device, screen resolution, browser and OS is very important these days. You cannot miss a single visitor due to any reason as it may result is loss of business for you.

I create websites for my clients and any new site being created should be responsive. Mobile traffic will overtake PC based traffic within the next few years...

These days traffic from all devices (mobiles, tablets, Laptops...etc )is important. So for a better user experience should all hosting company's make responsive websites or there are any alternatives for a better user experience.:confused:

I believe YES.... Now, world change so fast and many users access site from their mobile phone. With responsive website, it will well look friendly.

Check your stats. In Google Analytics, it will tell you what percentage of your visitors is using mobile. We found that only 20% of our visitors is using mobile devices to visit our site. Although our site is (or should be) responsive, we didn't design it "mobile first".

Responsive web is definitely the way to go. Without scaling the web site to tablet and mobile users you are potentially losing out on sales as fewer people use a traditional desktop computer nowadays. CSS frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap and Foundation makes it very simple to design for multiple screen sizes.

Our website isn't responsive but it loads a mobile version on smartphones such as iPhones (depending on the screen size of the smartphone/tablet). We have however turned "off" the mobile version for our WHMCS integration - purely because it loads far too cluttered on a mobile version I found.

Last edited:
To catch the prospective clients from all of the media like tablet, mobiles...etc, Responsive Website is being compulsory not only for hosting industry, also for all the businesses.

I'm not a big fan, I like having a scalable (sizable) site instead. Just me though and definitely not the norm.

First, look at your traffic stats to see who or what is viewing your site. If 99% of your traffic is from a computer with 1% from mobile, don't waste money. If the percentage is a good number for mobile, then make it responsive or responsive enough.

I think all that changes with Google's new push today for all sites to be mobile friendly - if you're even remotely interested in ranking for your products or services on a Google search query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting