So who is getting the new iPad today?

paul-ukwsd

iPad 3 is released today so who here is getting one? I've only just got onto the band wagon with the iPad 2 a few months ago so I won't be getting one :(

I don't see the need for a tablet yet (especially with a 4.7" screen mobile phone), so I don't have any.

Actually, I don't think I'll be getting one until they cost around $100.

More than happy with my 'droid tablet for browsing websites, but as handy as the "form factor" is for a few things, nothing beats a proper latptop IMHO

More than happy with my 'droid tablet for browsing websites, but as handy as the "form factor" is for a few things, nothing beats a proper latptop IMHO

Completely agree. If I need to do any real typing then it has to be on a laptop, if it's just a bit of casual browsing then I don't mind using the iPad.

I won't!

I got a tablet the other month, and boy, it is the most pathetic thing I have ever used.

I just got a netbook instead, a lot better!
Tablets are just another toy for making money.

I won't!

I got a tablet the other month, and boy, it is the most pathetic thing I have ever used.

I just got a netbook instead, a lot better!
Tablets are just another toy for making money.

Mind you, I did try to buy the HP TouchPad when it was on firesale for $100. But it was sold in minutes everywhere. As I mentioned before, I don't see tablets useful beyond the $100 price point.

Mind you, I did try to buy the HP TouchPad when it was on firesale for $100. But it was sold in minutes everywhere. As I mentioned before, I don't see tablets useful beyond the $100 price point.

The iPad is my Wife's, she always wanted one so I got her it for Christmas. That's the only reason we have one, I personally wouldn't buy one for myself as I would just use my laptop.

Not a iPad fan myself, but I can see their usefulness. I just don't like Apples dictator type style, so I typically avoid many of their products.

I am not a huge Apple fan as it is but a friend did give me one a while back, think I will stick with that before buying something extra that I really do not need. It works for what I need it for, isn't that the point and not just getting in the tech race that you have to have all the new shiny things?

I would recommend getting iPad 2 because it is now cheaper and the new iPad and iPad 2 are almost the same.