Social networking platform Bluesky

CanSpace

Bluesky is an initiative that was started by Jack Dorsey (co-founder of Twitter) back in 2019. According to their site: "in September, Bluesky reached 1M users, and less than a month later, we reached 1.5M users. The size of our user base is rapidly growing, and our users include people who follow political news, sports, entertainment, and more."

It is currently still invite-based, but has anyone got in already and setup their business accounts? Is there any action happening there?

https://blueskyweb.xyz

I signed up to their waiting list a good while ago and just got the invite last week. I didn't get a chance to really look through the crowd yet, but it does feel a lot like Twitter. I see a few random web hosting companies present when I search for "web hosting", but engagement activity is very low across the board. Again, the only value I see in apps like Bluesky, Threads, Mastodon is as a source where you copy/paste content from Twitter.

Just received an email from Bluesky that brags about getting to 4.5M users:

For the past year, we used invite codes to help us manage growth while we built features like moderation tooling, custom feeds, and more. We've reached 3.2M users with invite codes, and this week, our community has grown to 4.5M users. Time to invite your friends and let them know that Bluesky is making social fun again!

Has anyone gotten in yet? :coffee: