software most preferred in creating graphics?

There are a ton of great graphics software programs out there. Take your pick - lots from Adobe and Ulead. PhotoShop is certainly an industry standard.

Adobe Photoshop is the best because of its user friendly, multi-purpose using,
Very comprehensive graphics program, excellent features and a whole lot of tools,
Regards

Aditya

There are 2 softwares which are good for graphic
1. Adobe Photoshop
2. Adobe Illustrator

Both are widely used for graphic.

Thanks,
Steve
TheSSLStore

Im personally a fan of Fireworks, espeically now that it is integeral in the the CS range of adobe products.

Mainly as it is graphics wise, what dreamweaver is for the inexperienced webdeveloper. It has many of the functions of photoshop but is less intensive and far easier to use for smaller tasks.

However for image creation (logo's etc) ilistrator and for image optimization photoshop (and animation in the case of .gif's due to known errors with flash exporting in this format) and with the CS range its easy to switch between any of the packages.

I would highly preffered Adobe product such as:

1- Adobe Photoshop
2- Adobe Illustrator
3- Adobe Firework

All software above been very much help to create an image.

Photoshop was the standard for a long time, however due to how photoshop creates the graphics you actually want to use fireworks or illustrator. Fireworks can create the graphics as a vector image. This means that you will not lose image quality whether the image is 2" or 20'. This is important when it comes to creating images that scale for other marketing purposes.

If you try to increase the image in photoshop you will have blurred images as it just can't scale.

I've used photoshop since the mid 90's, but these days most of what I work in is Fireworks.

Back that up - we're using Fireworks here as well. Probably need to upgrade ... I'm still on MX 2004.

;) I too am on the MX 2004 platform for Dreamweaver and Fireworks ;) I actually broke down the other day and purchased the new Fireworks (waiting on it at the moment) - there's so many *new* features that make even making rounded corners and things we strugged with over the years a simple step in the new version.

I've been really impressed with the trial I used on the new version - just need more time in the day!

Photoshop is by far the most advanced photo-editing suite that I know of. If you're looking for vector based graphic editing, Fireworks is your match.

Myself, I prefer Photoshop. I've been using it since the early 90's, and never really looked back.

I use Photoshop (version 7, I know I'm in the dark ages) for photo and image manipulation and Fireworks CS3 for creation and everything else. Although, recently, I have found myself using Fireworks for a lot of the things I generally use Photoshop for.

Fireworks is fast, powerful and relatively simple and easy to use. I love the text tool, it is far superior to Photoshop's in my opinion.

Photoshop and Illustrator are the most common.

They're so common that most people (myself included) would say "Where are the psd files?", instead of "Where are your source files?", when asking for the originals.

Photoshop and Illustrator are the most common.

They're so common that most people (myself included) would say "Where are the psd files?", instead of "Where are your source files?", when asking for the originals.
Wow, I'm still on "Where are your source files?" I do agree psd files are very common.