Some of my stuff

Ok, I know this is sort of in the wrong section but I wanted to use it as an illustration of my knowledge so you can feel ok about asking me questions should you have them.

my site:
www.kylebellamy.com

A few designs not listed on my personal site:
David Woomer Designs
He's a friend learing Graphic Design so I made him a site to display his stuff on.

These were some test designs I was working on just for fun:
TeenCentral - Gothic Version
TeenCentral - Tribal Version

That's it for now (a lot I can't show as it's client requested that I don't) but I'll add more as they come up.

Hello kylebellamy,
I think you have done some great work!
Theres some styles of sites that I done like, ie. the sites which have something thats like a GUI, even though I dont like that style, I can still see your talent in the design of it ;)

What programs do you use for graphics and site design?

Hey Kyle

I really like your business card design, can honestly say its the best I have seen.

The font really goes with the background image, it just gives a very laid back impression, which I like ;)

Great work Kyle, good to have you in our community!

Mainly I use Photoshop but if you want the official list of the programs I can use... here's a bit of what I put on my resume.

Platforms:
Macintosh – OS 8.5, 9.2, 10.2, 10.3
PC – Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, XP, 2000

Programs:
Adobe
InDesign1.5-CS (Mac/PC), Photoshop 4.0-CS (Mac/PC), PageMaker 6.5-7 (Mac/PC)
Illustrator 9.0-CS (Mac/PC), LiveMotion 1.0 (Mac/PC), PressReady 1.0 (Mac)
Acrobat 5.0 (Mac)
Quark
XPress 4.11, 5, 6 (Mac/PC)
Extensis
Suitcase 4-11 (Mac/PC), Intellihance Pro (Mac/PC), PhotoTools 3.0
Macromedia
Freehand 9-10 (Mac), Director 7 (PC), Flash MX (Mac/PC), Dreamweaver MX (Mac/PC), Fireworks MX (Mac/PC)
NetObjects
Fusion 4-5 (PC)
Microsoft
Access, Word, Excel (Mac OS X, PC – 97, 2000, XP)
Extras
BarCode Pro 3.5 (Mac), TransType (Mac), MacLink Plus Deluxe (Mac), WSFTP LE (PC), Cute FTP (PC), Vicomsoft FTP (Mac), UltraEdit 32 (PC), War FTP Server (PC)

I'm sure I left a few out but they all play a part in my designs. Quark and InDesign, for instance, for the layout for print.

Wow thats a long list of programs you can use!!
How long have you been doing design?Sorry if you posted it in another post.

Which program do you think is best for graphics to use on websites?

I do almost everything graphics wise in Photoshop. All of it was layed out there on the proper size and...

How about I make a tutorial for it. Give me a little bit and I'll post a link.

Oh yeah and I've been doing it for about 12 years now. Nothing better to do I suppose. lol

How about I make a tutorial for it. Give me a little bit and I'll post a link.

Thats a lot of experience you have, is it your full time profession now?

Sort of. What I currently do now is head up a Prepress department which basically means that I ge the customer art, anything from a fax to full on professional work on a disk, and set it up to go to press.

Recently I refitted the entire place with all new Macs and a direct to Plate system so I could bypass a lot of work that used to have to be done with negatives, razorblades and tape. Very time consuming and pointless. Even managed to eliminate a position (it was empty so I didn't have to feel bad about it) so we now run underbudget all the time.

Ohhhhhhh sounds like your doing well ;)
Were you using PCs before changing to Macs?
I have never really used a Mac, everything I do is on PC, I remember using a Mac years ago but really didnt like it, not sure why.
Maybe I felt like I was selling out my PC :D ;)

Yeah I use Macs all the time now. And it's not so much selling out as it is opting out. lol I still have a PC at home for things I need to do on it but for the most part it sits and does nothing. I play games on it sometimes but that's it.

How far do you want me to go with this tutorial? I can tell you how to set it up for print or I can go right through the steps in Photoshop. Depends on what you want.

Tomorrow it will be done. I realized that I got myself into a bigger project than I thought so I'll finish it up in the morning. It's almost 5pm here which is quitting time so I'm leaving. See you later.

Sorry I didnt notice your reply!
You dont have to make it too detailed if it will take too long, just something that will help people as im sure a lot would appreciate it :)

Thanks a lot,
Hope you have a good day now!
You can put that PC to use by visiting HR when you go home ;)

John