SSL Guru spam?

Alex - A2 Hosting

Is anyone getting spammed by SSLGuru? I've had a few emails from them recently trying to get me to join their SSL reseller program.

I have never done business with them, never opted into any of their mailing lists and they do not have an opt out link in the emails :(

And the email has typos in it (reply for this massage instead of message)

Dear Partner,

Im contacting You about Reseller Program in our company.
More information You will find in attachment.
I will be grateful If You look into this matter, and reply for this massage.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact me.
Thanking you in advance and hope to hear from You soon.

Best Regards,
Aneta Curyło
SSL GURU

I've replied and hope they will take me off of their list :(

Is anyone getting spammed by SSLGuru? I've had a few emails from them recently trying to get me to join their SSL reseller program.

I have never done business with them, never opted into any of their mailing lists and they do not have an opt out link in the emails :(

And the email has typos in it (reply for this massage instead of message)

I've replied and hope they will take me off of their list :(

so you replied telling them they hit a live email address, so now they will sell your email to other spammers.

all i do is report these to spamcop and look where the IP comes from and report to the datacentre unless its from China as they just ignore such reports.

I would never do any business with a spammer, even if it is from a reputable business with a good offering.

Hi

If you are a server owner try to block / filter it server wide either using keyword or @domain.com etc

if you are a end user, then just move that to SpamBox and future emails will be in Spambox and reporting to SpamBox or other Spam reporting sources will help others as well.

Replying to Such Mails is telling them I am ready to accept Spam mails and I am reading those as well :) So you are actually inviting more Spammers to send you spams to your mail box :)

Unfortunately, I think we all receive this type of stuff. Like others have suggested - deal with it and move on.

Here are some guidelines for stopping spam emails -

1. Please block the email addresses from which you are getting the spam emails.
2. Please do not the access the links in spam emails. We used to suggest, do not open the spam emails.
3. Always updated the email account's password. Use strong passwords. (Combination of symbols, numbers, special characters ).
4. Set the filter in your mailbox so spam emails will be received in that filter.
5. If still you are facing the same issue then you can remove the email account and recreate it.

I used to get all kinds of junk like this until I put my direct email behind SpamExperts. Probably the best thing I've done in a while.

Concur as others have said / the bad guys don't have a spam list removal option / best case is find a hosted spam filtering service or use some of the methods above ... Yep we all get spam / and it is not going to get any better - but we can fight spam ...

Dave

Spamexperts is the best paid solutions I have used till date and easy to use and setup with cpanel and plesk as well.