SSL or no SSL?

RackFirm

Secure Sockets Layer certificates have become a must-have add-on for Web hosting providers, and hosts should understand the market and the type of security they are providing to their customers.

Web hosting is no longer the business of providing a set of Web site-related services and letting the customer figure out how to make it work. Modern Web hostscome a must-have hosting feature, says IDC analyst Melanie Posey, as customers now know to look for the padlock or key symbol in their through to the end user.

E-commerce is also one of those obvious requirements. Whether theyÕre selling online or not, e-commerce is an eventual concern for al-
most any business buying Web hosting services. And along with shopping-cart software and payment processing tools, security features have become an obvious add-on to any hosting platform. While it is conceivable that a Web hosting customer would acquire digital certifi cates from a third party, it is hardly practical. the things around it, such as domain name registration, payment processing, online marketing tools and email, all get bundled and delivered to small businesses as a package. ThatÕs how a lot of hosts are moving away from just providing hosting and getting beaten up on price in the process.Ó

So the question is, is do you provide SSL on your website or not.

If you are going to quote a news article you may want to site your sources...as I am sure the authors would greatly appreciate that..I will help you out there....News Article

Now as for your question...are you asking if our sites have SSL support or whether our hosting packages support SSL?

For IH it is Yes and Yes.

Hello,

Do we sell SSL? Yes
Do we support our SSL installs? Yes
Do we provide SSL on our own site for visitors? Yes.

Like InnovativeHost what is the real question your trying to ask?

SSL is required obviously in regards to man in the middle attacks and other such security measures to ensure data privacy.

Nice Catch InnovativeHost :).

I think RackFirm's post is a pointless post as other's agree. Almost every hosting company provide SSL if their customers need on their web sites. It is an industry standard for e-commerce applications.

HMarker is right, but remember some hosts charge for SSL installs and others don't. Its usually about 25-50 bucks to install.