Start of hosting experience with Dathorn

rambo6376

I've heard their service is pretty reliable and I'm not too happy with my current provider so I signed up for Dathorn earlier today. Filled out the contact info and the credit card info and submitted it. Got an automatic email so I figured everything was allright. Backed up all my data and changed the ip addresses on my nameservers in GoDaddy. 6 hours later no confirmation email that WHM had been setup. I noticed in the original email there was a customer area l/p - tried that and it didnt work.

So I email support wondering whats going on. About 30-45 min later I get a one sentence reply saying my order was voided for possible fraud. I don't understand this. I filled out everything required on the signup form - then again I don't run a hosting company so I wouldn't know. What irritated me was that there was NOTHING ELSE in the reply. No mention of what to do next. Am I to assume they will take care of it? Am I to assume I should signup again? Well I sent a reply and have been waiting to hear back for a few hours. I thought there was 24/7 support - mine is a simple question.

All in all, first impression didn't really impress me much. Will keep you guys posted.

Which payment processor do they use?

There could be a number of reasons it didn't pass the fraud test. They cross reference name, card, address, IP address etc.
I would wait a bit for more info from them. Dathorn are a good and reputable company and I'm sure will work through any misunderstandings.

Well I got the reply. It said to signup once again and he suggested using a real email address instead of a free one. So it had nothing to do with the credit card or ip address - just the email address.

Hi Rambo - that is not an "unusual" experience when it comes to internet purchases. Many online stores will not accept free email addresses (ie hotmail) - simply put the incidence of fraud is MUCH higher with these types of accounts..

I am surprised a hosting company has this feature activated at their payment gateway level... Ive actually never come across a host whos done this (though, I am certain many exist, particularly the larger ones)