Statistics!

shotthebreeze

Hi folks, recently, Cpanel decided to get rid of awstats which angered me quite a bit. If you like in depth stats, and if you want them for free, I'd check out www.statcounter.com. I added two of my sites there and they give awesome stats. Some of the features include:

• Popular Pages
  • Entry & Exit Pages
  • Came From
  • Keyword Analysis
  • Recent Visitor Map
  • Recent Visitor Activity
  • IP Addy Look Up
  • Download Logs
  • Search Engine Wars
  • and a bunch of others

shotthebreeze said:
recently, Cpanel decided to get rid of awstats
WHAT???? How did I manage to sleep through news like that? :eek:

May I ask if its official, and what has been the cause of them dropping one of the most successful stats programs available? I really do not want to use any external sources when it comes to website stats.

When is their relationship going to stop? Does it only apply to future CPanel releases or the ones currently with AwStats enabled?

Hmm.. It's probably just shotthebreeze's hosts that disabled it. It's not that uncommon.

I have AwStats in my Cpanel I checked it yesterday, to be honest I never knew I even had it until yesterday. Truly some great stats in there, and there was me using external sources!

ldcdc said:
Hmm.. It's probably just shotthebreeze's hosts that disabled it. It's not that uncommon.

I believe there were some major security issues with awstats a few months back.

I have the most recent cPanel on all of my servers and awstats is still in place.

I hope they don't remove it, there is some really good stats in there!

I was having a look through it yesterday, and I got all excited! It saves using Google Analytics which never seems to update!

Can some one answer this for me, is Awstats live? If not how often does it update?

Thanks, I am glad to hear it.
Finally I can use some stats which actually 'update'.
I was really disappointed with Googles stats program, but I suppose it's just like everything else they do it takes ages to update. :mad: