Strange connectivity issue with uk members.

bunnykins

On my site I have several UK members and for several months some of them have been having connectivity issues.
To start out with I have 2 account with" Innovative Scaling Technologies Inc " One under power monsters and one under cloudweb. I opened the second account under cloudweb and started using it back in April do to space issues and other issues with the arcade script. The main issue with the arcade was it was going slow while playing games and this seemed to be a script issue and not a server issue. So I switched to vbulletin and the arcade by Dragon byte technologies. Which fixed the speed issue with games. However a new issue showed up for members in the UK. Which brings us to what this topic is about.

The issue is that Uk members will loose the connection while playing games so the anti cheat software built into the arcade thinks they are trying to cheat so does not allow them to submit the score. Well thats what I got from Dragon bytes support any way. In an effort to try and fix this issue I tried cloudflare. Which actually caused more problems as it does not work with the arcade at all. I then tried incapsula, which did fix the connectivity issues for UK members but also caused the site to move slow for every one. So then I tried Page speed by google and that also fixed the UK members issue, well to a point it is better with it then with out it. However for what ever reason this caused the Enter key while trying to make posts on the forum not work.

So as a last stitch effort to fix this issue I decided to try a completely different host. I also turned page speed off at the same time. Now the enter key issue in posts is gone and the connectivity issue is some what fixed. It is not as bad but still there. So now I am not sure what is causing it except maybe an issue on their end. Maybe even with their isp.

The only thing left for me to try is going with a UK host. Although I am not sure what that would do to the USA members which I have more of. Although because of this issue I did actually lose a few UK members. Like 5 or so of them went off and started their own site with an arcade. So I think I am down to like 3 or 4 uk members that are active.

On my site I have several UK members and for several months some of them have been having connectivity issues.
To start out with I have 2 account with" Innovative Scaling Technologies Inc " One under power monsters and one under cloudweb. I opened the second account under cloudweb and started using it back in April do to space issues and other issues with the arcade script. The main issue with the arcade was it was going slow while playing games and this seemed to be a script issue and not a server issue. So I switched to vbulletin and the arcade by Dragon byte technologies. Which fixed the speed issue with games. However a new issue showed up for members in the UK. Which brings us to what this topic is about.

The issue is that Uk members will loose the connection while playing games so the anti cheat software built into the arcade thinks they are trying to cheat so does not allow them to submit the score. Well thats what I got from Dragon bytes support any way. In an effort to try and fix this issue I tried cloudflare. Which actually caused more problems as it does not work with the arcade at all. I then tried incapsula, which did fix the connectivity issues for UK members but also caused the site to move slow for every one. So then I tried Page speed by google and that also fixed the UK members issue, well to a point it is better with it then with out it. However for what ever reason this caused the Enter key while trying to make posts on the forum not work.

So as a last stitch effort to fix this issue I decided to try a completely different host. I also turned page speed off at the same time. Now the enter key issue in posts is gone and the connectivity issue is some what fixed. It is not as bad but still there. So now I am not sure what is causing it except maybe an issue on their end. Maybe even with their isp.

The only thing left for me to try is going with a UK host. Although I am not sure what that would do to the USA members which I have more of. Although because of this issue I did actually lose a few UK members. Like 5 or so of them went off and started their own site with an arcade. So I think I am down to like 3 or 4 uk members that are active.
Is it not just a simple flash player issue, as I am in the UK and seem to get that playing some facebook games

Agreed, it is probably a flash issue - seeing lots of little bugs with the latest version, IE doesn't help either.

I am having those with issues try google chrome instead of IE. One of them that I talked to said she had major issues with firefox. Unsure as to what those issues are or were. She is willing to try google chrome.