Strange Problem Client Is Having

pyxishost

Guess this is where this would go

One of my clients is having a problem of seeing my server. Everyone else can see it and even a guy down the street from him can see it. They both use the same ISP. I went through all the logs and cant see where he might be banned from the server.

He says he don't have a firewall but he has the netgear m182 wireless router. And he says theres nothing blocked and there is not any filters. Now what could be the problem with this. I have run out of options on what to check.

Have him contact his ISP and see what is going on with the packets router over the wires. Another problem may be that he somehow went into a windows file and has your server IP blocked on the browsers from rececieving DNS errors. Hope this helps.

Traceroute

Hello

You can have your customer try to traceroute from his home PC.
Maybe have his friend down the block try the same.

I would suggest the following:

1) when they attempt to access your server have them run netstat to see if a connection is even made.

2) Do a traceroute and also have they tried to connect via IP or just via a domain or subdomain?

Sorry for the late reply. But the problem was with his ISP. They gave him a new IP and it worked like a charm.

Thank You for all your suggestions