Strangest form of payment method accepted

Rob

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering what is the strangest form of payment you can accept. I found out a few weeks back that apparently we are able to accept payment in the form of Gold, Silver and Platinum ounces / grams....Wierd!

Guess you are referring to "e-gold" processor.

They are actually pretty nice, and they are advantageous, as they give us a % increase in balance, when the gold rates increase.

And as we all know, there isnt going to be a fall in gold prices unless they found that moon is made of gold :O

So it is a good investment.

And answering the weirdest payment method I ve come through would be "WESTERN UNION" . It is weird, because it is so stupid to send amount like 10 dollars via western union , paying 20+ dollars fee!!

Thank you :p

Egold is weird in the sense that it is not (only) a way of paying, but even an instant investment. The currency fluctuates so be prepared to accept that. There are no 'done deals' in investments. Apart from that, Egold is fine since they have no charge backs :)

Paying is just a way of trading, as it has been since the Stone Age. So really, anything that has any value can be used as payment :twocents:

It's not a payment method I "accept," but short story. I had listed a few random things on EBay and this guy agreed to pay via money order because he didn't like PayPal. Fine...except I got my payment with a money order and a cash "tip" because he felt the items were worth more. Very weird, in my opinion, and I wouldn't advise sending cash through the mail, but whatever floats his boat, I guess.

I once had someone send me a dollar and .99 in the mail in an envelope rather than use a check or even use their debit card online, they sent me cash in the mail with a note that said "Thank you and sorry I don't use my banking information for anything online". Two months later they switched to getting their bill taken from the debit card. :rolleyes2

I once had someone send me a dollar and .99 in the mail in an envelope rather than use a check or even use their debit card online, they sent me cash in the mail with a note that said "Thank you and sorry I don't use my banking information for anything online". Two months later they switched to getting their bill taken from the debit card. :rolleyes2

Guess they wanted to save that 41cents from mailing the money in lol

Huh. I would have to say thats the oddest form of payment I've ever heard of. Definitely something that could be useful in today's changing economy. I can't say I've ever seen anything odd for payment methods online.

There is really no odd method of payment as any form of accepting payment means an extra criteria of customers who will buy your hosting. The question is, is it worth the hastle and is there a turnaround for providing it?

I find it strange that a lot of folks refuse to accept PayPal. I'm not sure of the reason behind it but I for one love it as I can put the money into or take it out of my back account all from the computer. The thought of sending a money order or check is just absurd to me. PayPal to me is just as good if not better than a money order because the money has to be there. I just don't get it.

Paying in things like gold, etc. does seem strange to me. I'd never heard of it before until this string.

Chris