Stuck on what type of control panel

That depends on what you are going to do with your site. I personally recommend PLESK based hosting for ease of use and how many features it has.

If I were you I'd choose vDeck, cause in my view, it makes my host unique as only a few hosts use it, but its very similar to cPanel's User-friendly UI, or at least from what I've heard.

I think your best bet would be to go with CPanel (seems to be the standard these days). I know my clients love cpanel, because they are able to back-up they're website files fairly easily.

cPanel and Plesk are both very popular and you shouldn't go wrong with either of them. Also consider DirectAdmin.

Hi,

I would look at cPanel/WHM and Directadmin or even for a free one use Webmin all do a great job.. Just check them out and pick what one works for you.

I used to use DirectAdmin back when it first started, don't like the way that has progressed over the years. I'm leaning towards cPanel.

cPanel, InterWorx, DirectAdmin and Plesk are the popular ones.I will prioritize the control panels as:

From Administrator point of view:

1. cPanel
2. InterWorx
3. DirectAdmin
4. Plesk

From End user point of view:

1. cPanel
2. InterWorx
3. Plesk
4. DirectAdmin

cPanel is the first choice if you want to have a complete hosting panel. I would say that "cPanel is not just a control-panel, but a complete server setup".

It provides alot of features for the users to manage their websites and the servers. For administration point of view it provides scripts that can be used to fix/upgrade installed applications.It provides a clean setup and you don't have to rely on cPanel. Most of the applications can be upgraded easily.

The first thing that I like about InterWorx is its cool interface . From end user perspective, it provides limited features but that are almost enough to manage the websites.It is not resource hungry and a light control panel. For administration point of view, it is also easy to manage, fix and upgrade the installed applications.

Directadmin is a very light control panel with very limited features. If you don't need much features and need a simple control panel that can run your websites then go for it. Its three access levels are somewhat confusing at start.From administration point of view, it also provides few scripts and the installed applications are easy to upgrade.

Last but not the least Plesk, it provides a cool interface to the end user and is a light control panel. It is easy to manage for end users and the interface is quite easy to use. But installations/up gradations of installed applications are quite complicated in it and really sometimes it will give a tough time to upgrade any installed application. Mostly you have to rely on Parallels that when they officially support the latest version so that it can be installed on it.

Cpanel is good but Plesk is also a very good choice. I think that Plesk is actually much easier to use if you just compared the interface. Cpanel has some good features also so I would recommend researching both of those and you cannot go wrong.