sub domain help

goofie23

Im buying an established hosting company this week but few problems I see is that when people sign up they have to register a domain name, how can I change that to offer free sub domains and also they only ofer to register dot com names how can I change that so it registers .org/.info etc.. thanks

What script is it using, as for the registration? ModernBill or Client Exec? Something like that should be being used.. We would need to know that before anyone can really help you.

sub domains

hey goffie - I would not offer sub domains.

I tried that route. The trouble is, people that are looking for free domains don'y have money to pay for hosting. We now require they cough up $10 for a domain name. If they are not serious enough to do that, they wont keep the site for any period of time.

The old adage, put your money where your mouth is.

Don't offer free stuff. It is a death warrant.

Just some advance feedback, since I have no idea how to answer your question since like rya said, we don't know what you are using.

pageBuzz said:
hey goffie - I would not offer sub domains.

I tried that route. The trouble is, people that are looking for free domains don'y have money to pay for hosting. We now require they cough up $10 for a domain name. If they are not serious enough to do that, they wont keep the site for any period of time.

The old adage, put your money where your mouth is.

Don't offer free stuff. It is a death warrant.

Just some advance feedback, since I have no idea how to answer your question since like rya said, we don't know what you are using.

So true... Dont waste your time selling sub domains, unless your giving it away for free :)