The best web site host ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

netnerd85

Hi all!

I'm the happy webmaster of the Hidden & Dangerous Community a web site dedicted to the game I love. I use to host with powweb.com and I use to think they were the best and cheapest web site host.

I started looking again because it was time to renew :rolleyes: I found good host after good host but there was always a limit I wasn't happy with.

I finally found Servage.net and they offer everything from a free url, free setup to unlimited databases!

If you sign up with Servage.net and use this coupon code: <<removed>> then you and I will recieve 200 free megs of space. When you sign up you can get your friends to do the same!

Servage.net already offer 2100 megs, I've signed up 2 friends so far so now I have 2500 megs. Isn't that cool and it's all free space!

www.servage.net is the best host I have found after 4 years of searching! Found better? let me know I am just searching for the best host. I think I have found it with Servage.net but let me know if you got better. I bet you don't ;)

MOD NOTE: The affiliate links were edited. You are not allowed to post affiliate links anywhere on the HostingDiscussion forums (including signatures). Please reread the rules http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/rules.php

We rely on your future cooperation. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear that! its always nice to hear happy customers. How long have you been with them?

I look forward to see your 2 year review of the company.

Are specs always the most important?

Ok, I am not shouting down your host (and in fact reckon their a pretty damn good host), but I wanted to bring to everyone's attention that bigger is not always better.
It is very easy for a hosting company to hook in customers by over-selling their products. For example, a host offering a Unlimited-Transfer account might sound excellent at first, but it is highly unlikely (in fact near impossible) for it to in fact be 'Unlimited'. I prefer to go with a host who offers limited resources at a decent price. I mean at the end of the day, how many email addresses can you actually have?
I have found out that hosting is not all about what comes in the package, but the actual quality of hosting. Do you get warned before scheduled downtime? Is there a decent 'existing client' support base? Does the host's control panel do the job for you?
These are all quetsions you need to ask your host. Another company (with whom I do in fact host) is Globat.com. They have given me no more than what I want/need and although the packages seem a bit too big for the average user's needs, they are moderately priced and deliver what they promise. I dont boast that they are perfect in every way, but they do exactly what I need them to do and that is merely offer me hassle-free hosting at a low price!
~Equinox

Equinox said:
...These are all quetsions you need to ask your host. Another company (with whom I do in fact host) is Globat.com. They have given me no more than what I want/need and although the packages seem a bit too big for the average user's needs, they are moderately priced and deliver what they promise. I dont boast that they are perfect in every way, but they do exactly what I need them to do and that is merely offer me hassle-free hosting at a low price!
~Equinox

I use Globat.com too. It is really not bad. Now they provide GlobatGallery for free.

The gallery is a nice feature for a novice and fits their marketting scheme. They offer high-end packages at middle-of-the-range prices. If it came down to it, I wouldn't use the gallery (for all its worth) and would probably use an external gallery-creator to catalogue my pictures. Its a nice add-on though...
~Equinox

Me...never...I'm just a happy client, looking out for other clients that may be coming in the future...What can it hurt dude?

experienced servage, connectivity problem during a period of time and slow sql server responds, i have an account with them now.

I cant believe I used to post like that. I do sound like I worked for them. This thread is old now and hectially off-topic. Should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.