Thought this was funny

WorldCom

Registerfly still after my business ;)

Domain renewals may be due.

This is being sent to you as a courtesy, since you seem to have been a REGISTERFLY customer. If you wish to not get this notice please let us know and we will gladly remove you from future notices, please contact us using the information below

https://registerfly.net/help/. If your name is no longer with us, please disregard, otherwise you can save by moving it to Registerfly.

You know, I find it funny that someone hasn't gone in and forced those guys to take everything offline. Almost makes me think that people could be joining thinking this is an active company and actually trying to register domains.

I think godaddy should take care about this to avoid these silly mistake since they've acquired registerfly. :smilie3:

ldcdc said:
They did not acquire Registerfly. They were only given the domains, since Registerfly lost its accreditation.
True. and I'm sure they all got an email from godaddy already. As for RF's website, if it's still up, they should take it down. They had it going good for them, but they messed up and paid the price for it. I'm personally glad they shut down, as I lost a few good domains I had with them a long time ago.

ldcdc said:
They did not acquire Registerfly. They were only given the domains, since Registerfly lost its accreditation.
I am of course familiar with the story, but I never went too deep into its conflict and understanding what happened exactly. Can anyone shed some light on why/how RF lost its accreditation in the first place? They seemed to be one of the well-recognized registrars, which makes me think - can it happen to any of the companies I hold my domains with? :dknow:

Can anyone shed some light on why/how RF lost its accreditation in the first place?
The company ended up in disarray after the owner(s) had some type of quarrel (apparently due to their intimate relation being over), and each tried to get control over the company.

Requests to transfer domains away from them were left unanswered, domains not renewed etc. Some would argue that ICANN waited too long. Enom, who Registerfly resold for before they got the accreditation, terminated their contract considerably faster, due to the same issues.

http://www.registerfly-lawsuit.com/ details a few of the common irregularities that led to Registerfly losing its domain registering business.

If you're really into details, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RegisterFly should satisfy your curiosity.

Beware of registerfly I would say. Any company that loses acreditation is a worry...it could happen again. I've always gone with Godaddy and prefer paying the extra $ for better quality of support and sleep full nights knowing nothing will go wrong.

Regards

Artashes said:
Someone forgot to turn off that reminder-sending script. :)

Unfortunately someone forgot to turn off their billing system as well. Heard way too many stories of people getting billed for domains that Registerfly no longer have. And of course there are those that had funds in Registerfly when things went tits up, they refuse to refund the funds and tell them they can only use them for buying new domains.

Unfortunately someone forgot to turn off their billing system as well. Heard way too many stories of people getting billed for domains that Registerfly no longer have. And of course there are those that had funds in Registerfly when things went tits up, they refuse to refund the funds and tell them they can only use them for buying new domains.
Bad for them. Nobody will be with them any more.