To be a successful website hosting reseller

priyanka

Hi,
To be a successful website hosting reseller, things needed are:
1.Multiple domain hosting
2.Control Panel
3.Terms and conditions
4.Fast and reliable support

Well I think the top most priorty would be fast and reliable support not to mention terms and conditions as well but it doesnt play a big role in it. I dont get how multiple domain hosting and control panel play any role in it. I have seen customers hosting their website on a server without a control panel.

I don't see the point in limiting the amount of domain names you can host. Why is there a limit? Is it so web hosts can make more money on their reseller accounts by making their clients pay for more?

Yeah it is mainly gooooogle, normally the limit on the number of domains you can host is a huge amount for the space/bandwidth with that plan.
There always seems to be more than enough domains available for all the packages I see that do have a limit.
I dont think it causes many problems, people normally have to upgrade a lot sooner due to shortages of space/bandwidth than the number of domains left that they can host

I think if there was a rule that all hosting companies shouldnt have a limit on the number of domains they can host then everyone would go to the fly by night hosts who offer like 10GB space and 100GB bandwidth for $5/month and they would host as many domains as they would like there.

Fast and good support is #1 i think. say you only get 2 people to sign up in the fist month. no biggy. provide them with great support and they will be so amazed they will tell everyone who ever mentions web hosting about you which in return will start bringin in clients :)

I have to say I agree with Gooogle, I see no point in limiting amount of domains they can host. It is the disk space and bandwidth that I set limits on. And even with that I really don't care if a reseller goes over as long as there is plenty left on the server.

gooooogle said:
I don't see the point in limiting the amount of domain names you can host. Why is there a limit? Is it so web hosts can make more money on their reseller accounts by making their clients pay for more?

I agree with both of you also. That has to be 1 of the stupidest things i have seen in the webhosting industy so far.

That and mabey offering 500MB of space and 500MB of bandwidth as a plan LOL that was funny i though..

Also a company that i saw that there website said their server was a Dual Pentium 5 HT 3.5GHZ with 6GB of RAM and 4x200GB HHD.

man that was a funny website.....

good times :)

turnkey said:
I have to say I agree with Gooogle, I see no point in limiting amount of domains they can host. It is the disk space and bandwidth that I set limits on. And even with that I really don't care if a reseller goes over as long as there is plenty left on the server.

Dual Pentium 5 HT 3.5GHZ with 6GB of RAM and 4x200GB HHD

Now that would be a nice machine. Are P5's out now? I only know of Xeon that can do 3.5 Ghz

Nope no P5 there are Pentium 4 Extreme 's and Xeon;s

i didnt even know that Xeons could do 3.5 you mean combined? or 3.5 each?

and 6GB RAM ohhh baby....

my guess is that this babdy could hold near 1000 cleints if not more :)

GamesCreation said:
Pretty good

although up to a certain point, the speed is so fast it doesnt really make a difference
True it wont make a difference if your looking at one client, but when you have 300 clients with dynamic websites pulling mysql requests from everywhere youll thank god that the xeon processor was invented :p

i didnt even know that Xeons could do 3.5 you mean combined? or 3.5 each?

Nope no Xeon at 3.5
You can get dual xeon at 2.0 2.4 and as Nick said 2.8 (But I didnt know about the 2.8 xeon)

As Hady said, the speed makes a huge difference when you have a lot of customers with intensive sites ;)