Too many free hosts?

Selven

Is it getting to the point where there are just too many free webhosts and it is nearly impossible to find a free host? all offer different features and usualy close within a week

There are alot of free hosts out there, im just started one myself.
Our free package is just the same as the paid ones, jsut not as big and need an advert on them

I agree with dwsdave, there are a lot of hosts out there, and a lot of free hosts. The general amount of hosting companies are just massive, only the successful ones stand out but its not hard to make money in the hosting business these days.

maybe the evidence of the first post in this topic is the top post in forum, deservers.info i think it was

the hosting trade i think is really densed now the big boys who have created a reputation and customer database have made there money now and will continue to do so but for newbies its a hard market

Here is a cool forumla, I know some of you wont understand it...

Free hosting - Server cost - Time spent = No revenue

So let me get this, you guys who offer the free servers work your butts off so people who are to cheap to spend $4-$10 a month can leech off of your hard work. Thats ridiculous.

kylespringer said:
Here is a cool forumla, I know some of you wont understand it...

Free hosting - Server cost - Time spent = No revenue

So let me get this, you guys who offer the free servers work your butts off so people who are to cheap to spend $4-$10 a month can leech off of your hard work. Thats ridiculous.

Very true, however, I only do it because i like to test the servers, before i put paid accounts on it. (thats just the way my brain works :D )
Free hosting componies dont need to promiss uptime/ support, because they dont pay, correct? Altho, the free accounts i have are somehow on the good/ better server :cool:

kiz9999 said:
it is like most things on the internet. People get an idea and too many people get carried away.

Couldn't have been better said.On the other hand, it gives consumers a real choice when looking for a host.