Top 10 webhosts

By who's judgement? How many of us here have even hosted with 10 providers? There are too many variables and everyone's requirements are different. :)

I think youve said it all steve.. we cant really know the top ten web hosts because many of us only use one or at most 2 web hosts.

I agree with hostloc, while choosing web host, it's important to consider the uptime guarantee, web hosting provider's age in the business, customer support track record, range of the hosting plans and features, fair price, etc...............

In addition, customers should analyze the web hosts participation on different forums along with web hosting offer sections....that be helpful for them to choose their next web host......

I like Hostable a lot! I had never heard of them before and was pretty cautious, but I currently have 3 different accounts with them from different promotions they have offered in the past. I have an free 3 year account, a free 2 year account and then their Premium package which I paid for myself (after trying out their free promotions). I don't see any differences in uptime between my free and paid plans, which is a good thing in my opinion because it shows they offer a good free product too and don't fit into the "you get what you pay for" hosts. The only differences between the free and paid packages are the amount of emails and SQL databases (which the paid package offers more, obviously). I am very impressed with them and am definitely going to continue my service after the free plans are up. I have only had a slight issue with one package because I (keyword "I") messed up and deleted some files in file manager, HOWEVER, the support rep I talked to was awesome! I was (and am) really impressed with their quality of service and value for what you pay (or don't pay). LOVE HOSTABLE!

@allright21 - would love to hear your review, but you need to follow the correct format, which includes reporting the URL you have hosted with Hostable to the mods by using the report button (top right). :D

I like Hostable a lot! I had never heard of them before and was pretty cautious, but I currently have 3 different accounts with them from different promotions they have offered in the past. I have an free 3 year account, a free 2 year account and then their Premium package which I paid for myself (after trying out their free promotions). I don't see any differences in uptime between my free and paid plans, which is a good thing in my opinion because it shows they offer a good free product too and don't fit into the "you get what you pay for" hosts. The only differences between the free and paid packages are the amount of emails and SQL databases (which the paid package offers more, obviously). I am very impressed with them and am definitely going to continue my service after the free plans are up. I have only had a slight issue with one package because I (keyword "I") messed up and deleted some files in file manager, HOWEVER, the support rep I talked to was awesome! I was (and am) really impressed with their quality of service and value for what you pay (or don't pay). LOVE HOSTABLE!

As Steve mentioned, without URL(s), verifying your review makes it impossible. Please let us know what URLs you are hosting with the company.

Top 10 Webhosts

Hi,

I prefer Hostgator as their services to their clients are exemplary. It is a credible hosting provider. You should go with it. The remarks on the web are also good.

Hi,

I prefer Hostgator as their services to their clients are exemplary. It is a credible hosting provider. You should go with it. The remarks on the web are also good.

What URL are you hosting with HostGator? Or are you just saying that?

I agree with the first response. There is no best web hosting overall, but more of a best web host for a specific need. Most of the big companies offer competitive prices and features for the personal user who just wants a small site that is always online and has features that allow you to rank well in search engines as well as provide the users on your site with what they need as far as easy site navigation setup, pictures, and so on.

If you are looking at a giant need of service that is going to be thousands of dollars a month, then it might be worth doing a little more research on the main web hosts out there.

For example, say you need a host to provide you the ability of doing a lot of media intensive pages that are interactive and have very high definition pictures or picture editing. This also might include a site with hundreds of thousands of visitors per month and it needs to have no downtime in order to maximize profit.

Overall, the most important factors to look for in a web host to me are:

User friends back end
Abilities of site builders
Customer support
Amount of allowable pages and price for upgrades
Uptime
Speed pages load
The price to space ratio
All other tools that are necessary for making a quality and helpful site for the public