Transferring hosting accounts between control panels

host1plus

Hosting Service
I just want to provide what it takes to change hosting company or moving from one to another.
Here is 10 steps how you can do it.
Please correct me if I forgot something or I am totally wrong (wing-wong) :)

1. Identify a web hosting company that provides the features and services most suitable for you.
2. Order an appropriate hosting package from the supplier.
3. Use the Control Panel facilities to manage your email boxes and such like.
4. Begin the transfer of your domain or change the domain records and change email settings if required (your new web hosting supplier should provide guidance and support to make this as simple as possible).
5. Copy all your files from your previous web hosting service.
6. Upload the files to your new hosted web space.
7. Transfer any databases required for your website.
8. Check that all files have been copied and uploaded successfully.
9. Test functionality and content related to any databases.
10. If you have not done so already, cancel your previous hosting service.

By the way I think that the most biggest problem is to know how to get moving from one to another hosting that’s why people always thinks that they will stick to one hosting company and forget all major problems with that company (downtimes, long servers maintenance and etc.)…

I am trying to analyze cPanel, DirectAdmin and Plesk and will provide all (as much as I can) information regarding how to transfer your website.
I would be glad if you would share some information with me on this forum. Really would be awesome…

Anyway I think it would be great idea to have all information together collected.

I just want to provide what it takes to change hosting company or moving from one to another.

1. Identify a web hosting company that provides the features and services most suitable for you.
4. Begin the transfer of your domain or change the domain records and change email settings if required (your new web hosting supplier should provide guidance and support to make this as simple as possible).

By the way I think that the most biggest problem is to know how to get moving from one to another hosting that’s why people always thinks that they will stick to one hosting company and forget all major problems with that company (downtimes, long servers maintenance and etc.)…

I am trying to analyze cPanel, DirectAdmin and Plesk and will provide all (as much as I can) information regarding how to transfer your website.
I would be glad if you would share some information with me on this forum. Really would be awesome…

Anyway I think it would be great idea to have all information together collected.

If you're migrating among hosting companies that use cPanel/WHM, you can just make a full site backup via your cPanel interface (cPanel -> Files -> Backup Wizard), send that file to your new host and they restore the file. This will restore files, email, databases, your cPanel settings etc. It's almost as if you never moved your site.

If you are a hosting provider that has root access to a server running a different control panel and are looking to migrate those accounts to a cPanel/WHM server to which you have root access, you may want to check out:

http://www.cpanel.net/products/cpwhm/cpanel11/transfer-asst.htm

Thank You - cPanelDavidG.
To LaneHost, as i asked somewhere else the same thing to you. I need to ask and here.

How about satisfaction when you moving from host to another?
Especially I'm interested when doing it yourself (not like cPanelDavidG said) ???

In my honest opinion I highly suggest moving your site(s) in their entirety and making sure everything works correctly before transferring/changing name servers. Propagation varies, and if you want 0 downtime, that's the best way IMO.

There's also the issue with emails. Of course you've got to create you accounts again on the new server, but don't cancel you previous hosting for 24-72 hours after it's been moved over. Just befor you cancel it check/backup you email with the previous host as a few mite get left behind. again this all depends on propagation, ISP, and location.

So I think you've covered it, just wrong order IMO.

Thanks, ordering will be corrected :)

But how about "fear to moving.." factor, did anybody feel that moving first time?

And one more question, what control panels you like/use most? :)

Thanks, ordering will be corrected :)

But how about "fear to moving.." factor, did anybody feel that moving first time?

And one more question, what control panels you like/use most? :)

The first time I ever moved servers the correct process was outlined to me, so as far as fear goes.. No. Backup everything! Move it over, change DNS. It's not very difficult.

There's another topic I just posted in regarding "most used cp"..

Yes, do the DNS change as the LAST THING you do and do not cancel your old hosting provider till propagation is completed as siforek said. You definitely want to make sure the data you transferred is all there before you update the DNS. If you do, there is nothing to worry about. :)

CPanel/WHM is really easy to transfer between hosts. Just let your new host know that you wanted to transfer and they should take care of the rest.

CPanel/WHM is really easy to transfer between hosts. Just let your new host know that you wanted to transfer and they should take care of the rest.

Server IP, Domain, username & password and you can simply copy an entire account in WHM.