Travel Plans- Restaurant recommendations wanted

Blue

After a busy stretch with the ACCC conference, Skills Canada and the Canada Games I've decided to take a few weeks off work and travel a bit.
My itinerary will be Montreal-Havana-Ottawa-New York-Boston and then back to the maritimes.

Does anyone have any favorite places to go or restaurants to eat at, at any of these destinations?

I'm already planning on Pied de Cochon and Le Milsa in Montreal, and for sure the Carnegie Deli in New York.

Other than that I'm wide open to suggestions.

I was going to do Joe Beef this time around Art but I'm only in the city Sunday and Monday and they are closed both days.

Da Emma looks good though. I think I'll give that one a go.

I've added Philly to our itinerary.

Anyone here from Philly that knows of some good whole in the wall places where the tourists don't go?

My wife just came back from Boston Sunday evening but will be going again in October. I think she plans to visit Vermont and Maine as well, so if you come across any great places on your trip that you'd recommend, we'd appreciate the heads up. :)

Steve, I will make a post documenting all of my eating places when I get back.
Chris, as much as I love the maritimes there are just some experiences you can't get here. Especially when it comes to restaurants.

I've done all of PEI in the last few months and many places in Halifax and St. John and Moncton.

I'm ready for a little road trip.

There's a great Stephen Starr restaurant in University City in Philly called Pod. It's very modern - pan-asian style food. It's really a pretty cool place.

Steve, I will make a post documenting all of my eating places when I get back.
Chris, as much as I love the maritimes there are just some experiences you can't get here. Especially when it comes to restaurants.

I've done all of PEI in the last few months and many places in Halifax and St. John and Moncton.

I'm ready for a little road trip.

I'm with you :) My family (myself, wife, two kids) did a cross-country road trip, from Vancouver to Halifax, this time last year. It was an unforgettable experience to say the least!

Road trips rock :agree:

I getting my agenda filled.

Still looking for a couple of places in NY.
In Havana I usually just eat a the paladars. The more you spend at a restaurant there the worse the food seems to get.

Montreal
Au Pied du Cochon
Ganges
Maison du Nord
Boustan

Havana
El Aljibe
Restaurant Los Nardos

Ottawa
Whale’s Bone
Ahora

Philly
Dalessandro’s
Bibou

New York
Porchetta
WD~50
Carnegie Deli

Boston
Santarpio’s
Clio

Montreal
Au Pied du Cochon
Ganges
Maison du Nord
Boustan

Oh God, Boustan is not a restaurant but a small student fast food joint, I have no idea why it would even be promoted as one... It is dirty and average for a late night snack at most.

As for a new hip place, I almost ended up in Le Local the other night, but we chose to dine in another French bistro around the corner. However, the terrace and atmosphere in Le Local is amazing!
http://www.resto-lelocal.com/

Just read the hot entrees for Lo Local - braised pork bellies and octopus, and Pan-seared duck foie gras, bone marrow. Bone marrow?!

Oh God, Boustan is not a restaurant but a small student fast food joint, I have no idea why it would even be promoted as one... It is dirty and average for a late night snack at most.

As for a new hip place, I almost ended up in Le Local the other night, but we chose to dine in another French bistro around the corner. However, the terrace and atmosphere in Le Local is amazing!
http://www.resto-lelocal.com/

Exactly what I'm looking for Art.
I love whole in the wall Lebanese food. Shish Taouk late night is a wonderful thing.

Just read the hot entrees for Lo Local - braised pork bellies and octopus, and Pan-seared duck foie gras, bone marrow. Bone marrow?!

Steve, you just listed the things I would be most likely to order if I were to go there.
I love bone marrow. No Osso Bucco would be complete without it.

Foie Gras is a favorite as well.

As for pork belly, is there anything better?

Well maybe. Porchetta in New York specializes in pork. They take pork loin and wrap it in pork belly, skin on, and then roast it at alternating high and low temperatures to create a crispy and moist delight.

Dalessandros is a good choice. Great cheesesteaks - doesnt attract the same tourists that pats and ginos do. Its a bit out of the city, but while you're out there, you could check out Chestnut Hill, King of Prussia, and Valley Forge.