Urgent - how do I do this?

richnerd

I really need to know how I can do this.

I will have my customers on a subdomain of my website. For example:

website1.mywebsite.com.

How can they point their own domain.com to show whatever is in website1.mywebsite.com?

Also I would need it to be so when they are in their domain.com they see all files and everything pointing to their domain.com and not my subdomain.

How woud I do this. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Simple:

Setup website1.mywebsite.com on your servers. Then have the customer use a CNAME to point to website1.mywebsite.com.

Ok so I add a subdomain to WHM. For example I added store1.mysite.com and its working fine.

Now I went to godaddy and created the cname for othersite.com:

Enter an Alias Name: store1
Points To Host Name: store1.mysite.com
TTL: 1 hour

Is this correct? I tried different options but it doesn't seem to work and I really need to learn how to do this very urgently. =(

Create the domainname domain.com as an addon domainname to be parked over website1.mywebsite.com. If you have cpanel for access, you can create this via the cpanel, or your host can just add a Server Alias entry for the subdomainname pointing to domain.com

hzSari Ok i tried this but now i only see a green cpanel apahe type page in domain.com:

Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

--------------------------------------------

This is what i did.

1. added a subdomain in WHM. (A subdomain of a domain thats already in whm. )

2. I logged into subdomain cpanel and parked the (domain.com).

3. (domain.com) has correct nameservers.

4. I go to domain.com and don't see what is on the subdomain only a green cpanel apache page.

WHat did i do wrong?

the green apache page is gone =D and its working fine =D

is the green page supposed to show for several hours?

If you have WHM access why not just activate the site as a separate site instead of a sub-domain under ACCOUNT FUNCTIONS > CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT

Richard, could you let me know if you have solved this ? The green apache page might be a simple mistake with the ip assigned for subdomain and addon domain at the server, this can be checked on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123