Visual editor not working in WordPress 3.5

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
Thought I'd pass on a solution to a problem I experienced last week with the visual editor not working on one of my WordPress sites after upgrading to 3.5.1

By inserting this line of code into wp-config.php

Code:
define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);

This solved the problem of visual tab not working (apparently a common issue).

The symptom was that the visual editor came up by default, but was blank. Dragging the cursor across the editing area revealed the content, but then switching to the text editor (which worked) and then trying to switch back to the visual editor didn't work at all. I tried deactivating every plug-in and re-installing WP, but nothing worked. I installed Ultimate TinyMCE, but that didn't work either (except in text mode). Once I inserted the above code, the problem was fixed and Ultimate TinyMCE worked as well (which I love).

Sounds Great! I had the same problem but I just I upgraded my wordpress version to newer version & now it's working fine with no errors.

Sounds Great! I had the same problem but I just I upgraded my wordpress version to newer version & now it's working fine with no errors.

Yeah, I think there was a slight error somewhere. Had the same thing happen to me and after another update it was working as it should again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123