VPS.net review

edcousins

I've been using VPS.net for 2 months now, and wanted to post a review to say how great they really are.

VPS.net is part of the UK2 Group, one of the biggest companies in the web hosting business. So when they brought out a new cloud hosting branch to their company, you know they have a strong background to work from.

It seems as though they have seriously stunned the market with this latest offering. VPS.net offers users scalable hosting based on how many “nodes” you need. Each node provides a specific amount of dedicated CPU, RAM, Storage, and Bandwidth. The price for 1 node starts at £15 a month, which is a VERY good price. As you scale upwards, extra nodes can cost as low as £9 a month.

VPS.net's biggest strength is the scalability that they offer. You can effectively only pay for what you need, but have the resources there to scale up and down the minute you need it. The system is all automated and you can even schedule upgrades and downgrades to happen so you don’t even need to be at a PC. This allows you to provide extra resources if you expect additional load. This means that no matter how serious you’re websites become, you will always be unbelievably prepared...

As you start to get into the package that you have just bought you soon discover that you can install a wide range of OS installations, and even choose if you want it in the US or the UK! You will require some basic Linux server knowledge to SSH and install the provided control panel (ISPmanager – which is very good, and usually £35 a month but VPS.net provide it to you for free!). If you do get stuck though they do offer a managed installation service where they will set it all up for you, and even migrate your existing websites and domains!

One of my most pleasant experiences with VPS.net has been their support, as they always reply within a matter of minutes, and are always willing to help out and take a look at your server and always come back with a helpful response and never fail to fix the problem. There is no doubt that you will ever feel forgotten with VPS.net.

You can manage all aspects of your VPS using their web based management tool, which is an outstanding tool to say the least. The web based console is a dream to use and there are even tools for IP address and DNS management. You can even have automatic backups, add a firewall, add managed services, and much more.

All the prices they offer are on a monthly basis, so no commitment needed and no large upfront costs. You can upgrade/downgrade/cancel at any time.

I have only great things to say about VPS.net, and would recommend them to everyone. From single site users up to an enterprise of company websites, I have no doubt that VPS.net will be able to fully satisfy all of your hosting needs.

Thanks for sharing your review.
IMO 2 months is too short (but that's just my opinion).
Post a review again after you have been with them a few more months.

Wow! Sounds like great VPS.
I will take a look at their hosting plans, i need VPS for my next website.
Thanks for your sharing. It sure helps me a lot.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about the company. 2 months is a short time to obtain a full understand of a company I feel, your still a new customer. Please keep us updated as your relationship with the company continues. Best of luck!