VPS questions?

I am currently with a VPS with Dinix it is the 128MB package.

I do currently see that vpscolo.com with a package for 192MB and Swap space of 256MB for $58.

Servint has a new package for $49 and offers 256MB Ram.

The first question I have does anyone here have experience current or past with Dinix/Servint/Vpscolo(or jvds parent company)

How do you know you are topping out on memory on a VPS? I thought if you look at server status, you are seeing the serverload/ memory % in the entire server?

It would be nice to have the extra RAM. But I am not sure I need it.?

if your happy with your current company and your not maxing your 128 i would just stay. no hassel of trying to move.

i have not havd any experince with any of those companies but i have heard good things about Dinix.

I have experience of vpscolo and they are very good.
I would highly recommend them to anyone :)

I havent tried the others so I really dont know about them.

rasputinj said:
How do you know you are topping out on memory on a VPS? I thought if you look at server status, you are seeing the serverload/ memory % in the entire server?
yeah, you should see this in the server stats.
If you have a few sites hosted then 128MB will be more than enough, don't move unless u really need to!

So just to clarify, when I look at the server stats, I am looking at the usage for my VPS not the entire Server itself right, so the CPU load and memory % is what I am doing on the VPS, not everything combined.

This is a little different than if you look at the server status on a shared host computer right?

So then you really do not know the server load on the entire system on a VPS? Right.

in VPS its like you have your own server so you are seeing your own status including your memory use but I'm not so sure about the CPU load maybe you are seeing the load of the entire system.

>>This is a little different than if you look at the server status on a shared host computer right?
yeah :)

hope that helps